Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

View Poll Results: Is shadow the hegehog...
The ultimate life form 16 42.11%
still alive (never died) 16 42.11%
a robot 10 26.32%
a clone 12 31.58%
toast 24 63.16%
a weirdo mutant hedgehog 10 26.32%
A black stereotype (think about shadow the hedgehog game) 15 39.47%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5th March 2009, 06:15 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathykolpian View Post
A terrible, terrible game.
[raising my hand] I seconed that motion.

Old 5th March 2009, 06:21 AM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Poubelle View Post
I'm fine with Characters, not every game needs new characters...I mean seriously, they can extend the target audience by simply marketing the game very much like Nintendo does Mario. Yes over the years we have seen the cast in Mario games grow larger and larger, but at least those character's were interesting...Mario's personality really hasn't changed all too much from over the years, mostly because he hasn't had one with the exception of the cartoon. But the formula Nintendo uses in most of their games hasn't really changed all too much. They experiment with many other spin-off games that have been quite successful, but I think Sega is trying to produce game after game after game and what's happening is we are getting nothing of any true quality. If the games' are meant to attract a new audience that is fine, but make it a quality game first, I mean hell...with the exception of Sonic: The dark Brotherhood, which wasn't even made by Sega team, none of the games have had a decent review so I don't think our complaining about Sega is unjustified
This is why I made a topic about this. But to my reccolection Mario fans dont start crying when a Mario game with different gameplay is made.

Old 5th March 2009, 06:23 AM
Jinjo

Generally because as I stated in my previous post, the Mario games Nintendo creates with new gameplay are GOOD!!

Old 5th March 2009, 06:31 AM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
so basically.......mario games + new gameplay = good.
right?
(i've always tried to figure out that equation)

Old 5th March 2009, 06:35 AM
Jinjo

Nah, Just Nintendo generally makes good Mario games, though the spin-offs are losing thier luster, Mario Party went down hill after 5 or so...

Old 5th March 2009, 06:36 AM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
Generally because as I stated in my previous post, the Mario games Nintendo creates with new gameplay are GOOD!!
Right, exactly, I definatly wouldnt argue with that. But thats not the point, If Nintendo did make a bad Mario game, the fans wouldnt go berserk over it, but when Sega wants to change the audience by changing the gameplay (which they are completely entitled to, I mean, did the fans make sonic? no, Sega made Sonic) The classic Sonic fans go crazy and start flaming Sega. And I absolutly agree that some of the new Sonic games are crap as, but if I dont like them, I accept that theyre not up to speed and move on to a better game, instead of moaning "oh no, its not as good as your masterpeices"

Old 5th March 2009, 06:38 AM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Nah, Just Nintendo generally makes good Mario games, though the spin-offs are losing thier luster, Mario Party went down hill after 5 or so...
mario party went downhill after two, then was climbing up the ladder with 4 & 5, then fell off a cliff.

Old 5th March 2009, 06:40 AM
Jinjo

It's not that everyone is moaning, it's more that they are dissapointed and sad to see the series be degraded, I mean they've been trying the same things, but it's not working. Once you try so many things, you have to realize what it is your famous for, expanding the audience, they did that with the new TV series...which wasn't too horrible, it was watchable, though would have been better without Chris

Old 5th March 2009, 06:42 AM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
yah. sonic + humans was only good when they weren't major parts of the storyline.

Old 5th March 2009, 07:30 AM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by treeckoman View Post
yah. sonic + humans was only good when they weren't major parts of the storyline.
I was going to say that Robotnik was human, but he isnt
Humans were always a part of Sonic the Hedgehog, its not just recently they started bringing them in, for example, Sonic has always had a quarrel with Colonel Granite, who in an extremely misinformed attempt at conquering Sonics home, warped Sonic back to Earth for a brief period.
But in general I would agree, humans tend to tower over Sonic and be too unspecial.

Old 5th March 2009, 07:32 AM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
they all up in his kool-aid.
lol

Old 5th March 2009, 07:36 AM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by The banjonater View Post
Shadow is a hedgehog that is black and has rockets for shoes.
This is kind of late, but how freaking awesome are his shoes. Sonic has to waste all his energy just running, but Shadow can breeze past with little effort.

Old 5th March 2009, 02:00 PM
Jinjo

Once again, Shadow was interesting when we first saw him, after that he really began to become more of an annoyance more than anything else...

Old 5th March 2009, 04:25 PM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
Once again, Shadow was interesting when we first saw him, after that he really began to become more of an annoyance more than anything else...
I admit that his first appearance was just, spectaularly awesome, but Im not sure about the annoyance part. I think he was essentially brought in to be the anti-hero, the one who ultimatly does the right thing despite his path, and make Sonic look like more of a hero along the journey in comparison. But I think this point has only gotten more valid along his timeline, I mean he saves the world from the black comet, despite what he wants.
Yeah, that is his individual story, hes born, he destroys the black comet, hes a hero, the end. Any extension on that would be worthless, but as a character himself, he deserves as much action as the other second-class heros (knuckles anyone?). To appear in the battle and screw it all up for Sonic somehow, and dissapear mysteriously into the fog, laughing.

Tags
shadow, sonic

User Tag List