Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

View Poll Results: Which one?
Mario 28 50.91%
Sonic 27 49.09%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29th April 2008, 02:58 AM
Glowbo

I would say sonic is the most dissapointing so far (to me) just because every sonic game so far is the same type of thing at least mario games have different ideas. (just my oppinion)

Old 30th April 2008, 09:55 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
In my opinion, Sonic has jumped the gun far too many times as of late. Mario still cranks out hits, whether he's jumping through space, racing around the desert, or playing sports with his friends and enemies...I don't know why they're enemies if they have time to play sports with him...But anywho, Sonic hasn't churned out many good games since the turn of the century. Sonic Rush was good, and so was Sonic Adventure 2 Battle...Any others? I don't think so.

Old 30th April 2008, 11:20 PM
Trash Apprentice

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
sonic just because i dont like him that much

Old 1st May 2008, 02:50 PM
Strangest Member '08 - '10

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 
I think one of the problems with Sonic is that, even though they could have a decent mythology going on, they rely on gimmicks rather than plot devices and originality regarding the gameplay. Sonic is always in some generic place doing generic things, his enemies and bosses are boring robots. Not to mention that Mario totally owns graphic-wise, or at least did so in the past two generations. More recently, though, Sonic seems to be doing much better.

I'll give Sonic this much, though: he's one hell of a banana-dancer.

Old 1st May 2008, 02:55 PM
Formerly Kazooie-Tooie

Game On RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Hmmm... I'll vote for Mario. But Mandolin is right, just lookit him dance. *Stares at Mandolin's avatar*

Old 1st May 2008, 07:49 PM
Hello Sadness

INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by repobanjo View Post
and Mario Galaxy (in many people's eyes) just wasn't all that good.
your eyes decieve you.....Mario Galaxy was great, and the answer is that i prefer Mario, It seems every month a new game starring Sonic is announced (you could argue this with Mario though) and Sonic isn't a character i've ever had a huge amount of enthusiasm for

Old 1st May 2008, 11:18 PM
Formerly BanjoBoy123

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll clowns View Post
your eyes decieve you.....Mario Galaxy was great, and the answer is that i prefer Mario, It seems every month a new game starring Sonic is announced (you could argue this with Mario though) and Sonic isn't a character i've ever had a huge amount of enthusiasm for
u know by voting for mario in the poll...

...you're saying his games have been dissapointing...

Old 1st May 2008, 11:25 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjoBoy123 View Post
u know by voting for mario in the poll...

...you're saying his games have been dissapointing...
The fricking polls HAVE TO BE more fricking descriptive if they're going to be polls. I voted for Mario because I like him more. But now I see my folly, >.>

Old 2nd May 2008, 12:44 AM
Formerly BanjoBoy123

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alakazam9891 View Post
I'd give Sonic the Hedgehog 360 a friggin' 0/10, and Galaxy a 99999999999999999/10, so at the moment I gotta go with Sonic.

Mario 64 and Mario Galaxy are still three of the greatest platformers of all time though. Sonic doesn't have much else other than NOTHING!
FIX'D

Old 2nd May 2008, 12:46 AM
Dingpot

Cool

Well, i'd have to go along with sonic. The reason? He was the very first game I played... When I was only a year old, my grandfather let me try to play sonic the hedgehog on his sega. And, well, by the time I was 3, I was beating every sonic game in the book. Although, when I was 3 there was only 3 or 4, if you include the gamegear. For some reason, I just feel me and that blue dude go waaay back. 15 years back. Ha ha. Ahh, good memories. I remember the first time I went super sonic on the 2nd sonic game for sega. It was awsome. I feel a need for sega comming on... :o

This is why i've voted as mario being the dissapointment. The other reasons are that, mario just isn't impressing me any more... Sure galaxy brought him up a bit, but still, mario hasn't had a real descent game since Mario 64, and maybe sunshine, while sonic has great games comming out nearly every year! They have 2 new sonic games due for release this month, one for the wii and one for the ds. And guess what? Sonic on the wii is going back to it's sega days! Anyone played New Super mario brothers? Remember how it was in 3d but you only went < and >th? Sonic is going to be doing the same on the wii this year! That's what I mean by going back to sega days. I hope these 2 sonic games give him a comeback. Oh, and also, for the chao lovers, the chao garden is returning in sonic chronicles for the ds this year! ANyone noticed I used the term "this year" alot?

Last edited by Banjo-Rare-Man; 2nd May 2008 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Messed up a bit...

Tags
mario, maronic, poll, sonario, sonic

User Tag List