Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic

Rare & Playtonic Discuss anything Rare related, from classic Rareware to the Golden(eye) era or even some of their later projects. If it's Rare it's here.

Old 15th October 2011, 08:42 PM
Glowbo

What genre of game would you like Rare's next game to be

Personally I would like to see Fighting game (KI3) or a 3D platformer (with no vehicles), though nowadays FPS's are making all the money so they'll probably cash in on that. They're experiment with the kids and casual gaming market right now, hopefully Kinect Sports Season 2 will have poor sales so they'll move on to a different genre. There's no chance they'll ever make an RPG, but I'd like to see an old franchise ressurrected.

What do u guys think?

Old 15th October 2011, 08:47 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
Was this really worth making ANOTHER thread just because you made a spelling error?

I mean, you know you can edit the titles of your threads, right?

Old 15th October 2011, 08:51 PM
Glowbo

I ve never made a thread before and I thought I could delete the old one, but i guess not

Old 15th October 2011, 09:00 PM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
Viva PiƱata TiP Mastery 
If Kinect Sports doesn't sell, Rare will close their studios.
Anyway, I'd like to see any game that doesn't involve kinect/sports/vehicles/things for people with no brain.
Of course, I want more 3D platforms and FPSs, but in Rare's style, not like COD. Also, adventure games.

About titles... there are so many games I want to see by Rare... such as Banjo-Threeie/Fourie/Fivie (I swear I'll kick the balls to all the ones who'll say "Grunty's Revenge is Threeie" or "Nuts & Bolts is Banjo-Fourie"), Conker's Other Bad Day/2: Getting Medieval, Perfect Dark 2/Core, Kameo 2, Urchin, Ghoulies II and Jet Force Gemini 2 (and an XBLA port of the first, because I got stuck on the Nintendo 64 one, because N64 joypad is really hard to use for shooters... or at least to me).

Old 15th October 2011, 11:18 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 15
Mystery Four Mystery Three Mystery Two Mystery One INFECTED - B2K1 
For the next time: You can edit your posts after submitting them. You can take care of spelling errors by adjusting your posts in that way.

As for the topic; I'd like to see Rare develop some handheld games for... well... handhelds Preferably Nintendo Handhelds.
\_(❀❀) _/
/ ◯◯ \
☄╯  ╰ シ

Old 15th October 2011, 11:37 PM
Glowbo

/derpface
I WANT KINECT SPORTS 3! NOW WITH SHOT PUTT, CLAPPING EXERCISES, AND CURLING!!!!1

RARE, being the people who think so far outside the box it becomes an instant hit or a fail (as proven with games such as Conker's Bad Fur day, an obvious hit, and Kinect Sports, which hasn't done a whole lot) While I would love to see a new dynamic duo rather than a continuation (because it wouldn't be the same without old RARE employees) It probably won't happen. I predict them doing another game with little character value, as they haven't made many well rounded ones for a while, it will be another Kinect based game or one of their other groups (if they still do that) could be, and probably is, working on something other than a vailla racer, any shooter, or vanilla platformer. I just don't see them working on those in the near future.

so in conlusion, I think
They SHOULD do Project Dream or another unfinished product, maybe make the beta levels and content from the BK series and release it as DLC on the Xbox Live Market Place

But they will PROBABLY do something they find revolutionary or for money. Probably another Kinect game or another shocking game that we will deny with little review.

Old 16th October 2011, 12:45 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
I'd like to see a 3D Platformer. If they were to cave and make a shooter however, I'd like it to be another Conker, hopefully with some platforming along side the third person shooting.

Old 16th October 2011, 03:56 AM
Glowbo

Even if kinect sports 2 sells well, they'll still have to move on from generic kinect titles. Im sure they'll stick with kinect because that's just rare's style. But I think it will be a game with an actual plot and story

Like a first person killer instinct 3 for kinect

Or a shooter with kinect capabilities

Or a new banjo game (the 3 previous have sold well, and with stop n swop 2) I think a new banjo game is definitely in discussion

Old 16th October 2011, 06:22 AM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjoConkerDark View Post
Even if kinect sports 2 sells well, they'll still have to move on from generic kinect titles. Im sure they'll stick with kinect because that's just rare's style. But I think it will be a game with an actual plot and story

Like a first person killer instinct 3 for kinect

Or a shooter with kinect capabilities

Or a new banjo game (the 3 previous have sold well, and with stop n swop 2) I think a new banjo game is definitely in discussion

I would be extremely surprised to see a new Banjo title within the next two years. They will just because of all of the SnS spam and garbage that circulates. It obviously bothers them from little hints. Such as LOGS question (the one about annoying fansites and SnS)

Old 16th October 2011, 10:07 AM
Formerly I hate Cats

INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
A ripoff of an already average franchise. Yeah, that's exactly where I'd like Rare to go.

Spoiler: (highlight to view)
Actually, I'd prefer if they went straight to the Grave.

Old 16th October 2011, 02:36 PM
Jackjack71

I'd like Rare to dig up all their past employees and make another platformer. But that won't happen. That's like saying I want a deaf person to magically hear again.

Old 16th October 2011, 02:50 PM
Formerly I hate Cats

INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackjack71 View Post
I'd like Rare to dig up all their past employees and make another platformer. But that won't happen. That's like saying I want a deaf person to magically hear again.
Ta-da.

Old 16th October 2011, 02:59 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by I hate Cats View Post

the solution is clear: Hearing Implant, it worked for her . Maybe then they could hear what the hell people actually think.

Old 16th October 2011, 03:32 PM
On DKVine

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Wiki-Master Rarity Awesome Default Medal 
RPG. 5char

Old 16th October 2011, 03:36 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightVestige View Post
RPG. 5char