Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 4th April 2013, 07:36 AM
Glowbo

New Mario Platformer Game for the Wii U!

Nintendo is gonna release a new 3d Mario platformer game for the Wii U! I think it'll be released this year! I hope it'll a Super Mario 64 2, Super Mario Sunshine 2, Super Mario Galaxy 3 or something new. I hope it'll have a longer story like Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy have. What do you hope about this new game?

Old 4th April 2013, 07:36 AM
Glowbo

New Mario Platformer Game for the Wii U!

Nintendo is gonna release a new 3d Mario platformer game for the Wii U! I think it'll be released this year! I hope it'll a Super Mario 64 2, Super Mario Sunshine 2, Super Mario Galaxy 3 or something new. I hope it'll have a longer story like Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy have. What do you hope about this new game?

Old 4th April 2013, 11:05 AM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiffgurl View Post
i hope its an untouched original beta of super mario 64 2 in its most finished state and with absolutely no changes by modern day nintendogs-and-wii-sports-nintendo whatsoever

anything else will be a disappointment
I really hope that too! But just with improved graphics to fit the Wii U.

Old 4th April 2013, 12:04 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
How about a good Mario game that doesn't heavily rely on nostalgia to win over audiences?

Old 4th April 2013, 12:20 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breegullbeak View Post
How about a good Mario game that doesn't heavily rely on nostalgia to win over audiences?
I really think that Mario games should stay more or less the way they are. Nearly all of them are great platformers and I wouldn't want Nintendo to change much. Relying on nostalgia is part of the secret of success of the games. And since every game introduces something new to the series they all play different and don't just repeat stuff you've already seen over and over again

Old 4th April 2013, 01:31 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

nothing changed

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooothing
If they would release a game with 32-bit graphics today, I don't think it would sell so good.

Old 4th April 2013, 05:07 PM
Formerly BanjoBoy123

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
hahahha this guy commented on my deviantart page to tell me nuts & bolts sucks dick

Old 4th April 2013, 05:29 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I really think that Mario games should stay more or less the way they are. Nearly all of them are great platformers and I wouldn't want Nintendo to change much.
I'm not saying make a drastic overhaul to the formula. What I am saying is that they should take a risk every now and then. The last major risk Mario took was the jump to full 3D worlds on the Nintendo 64 over a decade ago.

Quote:
Relying on nostalgia is part of the secret of success of the games.
It's also the entire advertising plan for Nintendo. Show an old power up or level and fan boys rejoice. Even other franchises that are barely as old as Mario do it with things like Dead Rising 2: Off the Record uses the popular original protagonist Frank West to resell pretty much the same game. Black Ops 2 had a map from 2 years ago "remade" as a pre-order bonus. If people complain about it in these games then why not with Nintendo?

Quote:
And since every game introduces something new to the series they all play different and don't just repeat stuff you've already seen over and over again
I'd beg to differ. Throw Back galaxy as I said is the same thing again. The Bowser's castle puzzle involving which of 2 or 3 paths you take and here the bing noise has been used several times. Same with the ride the block snake castles. The worlds always fit into the same categories and with the new series it's the same order every time. The Summer something and Autumn something galaxy in Galaxy are nearly exact copies of one another and that was in the same game. Oh and it fit wasn't obvious enough already Peach is always kidnapped bar Super Mario bros 2 in the states..

Last edited by Breegullbeak; 4th April 2013 at 05:31 PM.

Old 4th April 2013, 08:20 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
hahahha this guy commented on my deviantart page to tell me nuts & bolts sucks dick
IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL!!

Old 4th April 2013, 08:25 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
STOP MAKING A BIG DEAL OUT OF IT!!!!

Old 4th April 2013, 09:05 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 7
You're Appreciated! Imagination Game On Reminiscence Chatterbox 
As long as its amazing, has creative level designs, and takes full advantage of the Wii U gamepad i'll be happy.

Blep!!

Old 4th April 2013, 09:10 PM
Jackjack71

Quote:
i hope its an untouched original beta of super mario 64 2 in its most finished state and with absolutely no changes by modern day nintendogs-and-wii-sports-nintendo whatsoever

anything else will be a disappointment
Did Nintendo actually make that? Like... is it actually a thing?

Old 4th April 2013, 09:22 PM
Jackjack71

Quote:
it was planned yeah but i have no idea how far into development it got
Oh. Damn, I thought the full game was actually in Nintendo's possession, and they just never released it. I was about to blow a fuse.

Old 5th April 2013, 12:31 AM
Dingpot

You're Appreciated! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by presstartoplay View Post
If they would release a game with 32-bit graphics today, I don't think it would sell so good.
The indie games would like to have a word with you.

Old 5th April 2013, 02:52 AM
Formerly BanjoBoy123

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL!!
Quote:
STOP MAKING A BIG DEAL OUT OF IT!!!!
ur crazy man

Old 5th April 2013, 08:00 AM
Glowbo

Is there any proof that work on Mario 64, Part 2 was well in progress? I mean, if you take Starfox 2 for example, there do exist Roms showing that the title was really nearly (or even completely) finished. With Mario 64, 2, I am not sure... more information would be appreciated

Tags
mario, nintendo, platform, platformer, wii

User Tag List