Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Homebrew Games and Tools

Homebrew Games and Tools If you've created a trainer, texture editor, or a full-blown fangame we'd like to see it here. Show off your mad programming skills.

Closed Thread

Old 13th August 2008, 04:24 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Friday cuz of skool?
And how good are you with Programing? Any examples?

Old 13th August 2008, 05:55 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award 
have you done any more concept artwork B-K?
i would like to see what you have in mind so i can build on them a bit

we should probably ask some of the members involved in the concept art contest if they would like to be involved as there is a whole world of creativity here

http://www.rarewitchproject.com/foru...ept+art&page=5

Edit: i tried to see the pics for your concept of banjo beach but they didn't work
The aliens from Independence Day let us know. You know what we did? We stood right on the target, cheered them on, and tried to be friends. What happened to us in Independence Day ConkerKing? WHAT HAPPENED? -Tanjo

Old 13th August 2008, 05:59 AM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 
well mebecj did one of the baddies (3D):
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...cilearms-1.jpg

But i have some more sketches, some of em' badly colored I'll upload em in a sec.

[EDIT] I might not upload em' right now, i have to go paint my room =P I'll get em' up though. So don't worry

Last edited by B-Kpianist; 13th August 2008 at 06:02 AM.

Old 13th August 2008, 06:17 AM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 
Nvm, i have time

Honeybee Mountain (Color)

I'm not the best colorer, but it gives you the general idea I have another one I'll upload soon

Last edited by B-Kpianist; 13th August 2008 at 07:36 AM.

Old 13th August 2008, 06:38 AM
Dingpot

RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award 
If the game is as good as the music I'm sure it'll be a hit
I can't do much of anything :o but if you need concepts or ideas or even inspiration for more pieces I'm loaded in those areas
I'm looking into gamemaking and etc so hopefully I'll be of somemore use if you have any future projects.

Old 13th August 2008, 07:35 AM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 
oh don't worry, it will. Well, just PM or post your ideas. And we'll try to work on em

And thanks for the compliment about the music

Old 13th August 2008, 08:39 AM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KazooieforHire View Post
If the game is as good as the music I'm sure it'll be a hit
I can't do much of anything :o but if you need concepts or ideas or even inspiration for more pieces I'm loaded in those areas
I'm looking into gamemaking and etc so hopefully I'll be of somemore use if you have any future projects.
judging by your user name, i would assume you are looking for payment
well you will have to discuss that one with B-K

if it is possible, i would like to revive the idea of a castle level for this game
i am already trying to rework my Clash Blade Castle idea so that i can hopefully eliminate the flaws that were hanging around in it and now that it is not involved in individual compitition, everybody can pitch their ideas for it too
but of course you would get the final say as you are the one spear heading the project

a few more things before i go:
i noticed you made a beach level for your contest entry so i am assuming a lot of the elements from it got carried over to Layback Beach, am i correct?

and is the colored honeybee mountain the same as the uncolored one you posted before? it didn't come up for me so i didn't see it

i really need to get some sleep, i am starting notice how disorginized my post is
i will talk more about this when i wake up

Edit: just one more thing, i was playing god of war II and it got me thinking about the disney version of hercules
once i thought of that, i thought that i might be cool to have a Mt. Olympus style level
i haven't thought this out too well yet, but hey that is what the developemental stages are for
The aliens from Independence Day let us know. You know what we did? We stood right on the target, cheered them on, and tried to be friends. What happened to us in Independence Day ConkerKing? WHAT HAPPENED? -Tanjo

Last edited by kingpaco; 13th August 2008 at 08:44 AM.

Old 13th August 2008, 05:20 PM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 
a castle would be cool! We've never seen a castle in a banjo game and i've never actually seen hercules, sooo, can i have a pic?

Old 13th August 2008, 05:41 PM
Clanker

Total Awards: 3
RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Kpianist View Post
Friday cuz of skool?
And how good are you with Programing? Any examples?
No, friday because my computer's video card doesn't work and I'm using my dad's, and he doesn't let me dowload stuff to his computer, and I'm getting a new one on friday.

As for examples, they're all on my computer, so no such luck right now

Old 13th August 2008, 06:14 PM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 
well all i really need to know is if you're a skilled programmer, or a newbie. Are you already good with C++?

Old 13th August 2008, 06:17 PM
Clanker

RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
well all i really need to know is if you're a skilled programmer, or a newbie. Are you already good with C++?
Eh, this is what I'll do. I'll download the program, make a simple game, upload it, then uninstall the program. So long as my dad doesn't find out, I should be fine

To anser your question: C++ is not the language I know how to use the most, but I'm pretty familiar with what you can do with it, so, yeah.

EDIT: Currently downloading, says it's going to take over an hour (crappy internet, plus I'm playing WoW )

EDIT 2: Dammit "Unexpected end of archive". Have to star downloading it again.

Last edited by pgpm10; 13th August 2008 at 06:28 PM.

Old 13th August 2008, 06:55 PM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 
well when you're ready, show me what you can do

oh- and i'm using mac... so i hope thats not a problem

Old 13th August 2008, 07:36 PM
Brash Breegull

Quote:
a castle would be cool! We've never seen a castle in a banjo game and i've never actually seen hercules, sooo, can i have a pic?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hercules_(1997_film)
it was one of my favorite movies when i was a kid, but it is highly inaccurate
the cartoony style of the movie seems like it could easily be molded into something for a banjo game

i was thinking that, you could travel around a Mt. Olympus like level and help some of the gods with certain tasks
it could involve traveling to the underworld and even to a earth like area

this idea i am kind of iffy about, since i would like it to be a little more accurate, but the actual mythology is a hell of alot darker

if you have played the kingdom hearts stages based on this movie, i imagine it going something like that
this seems like one that could easily get cut out in the final product, but it seems like it would be a good follow up to cloud cookoo land as a final stage
just an idea though so if anyone has suggestions, be sure to share them

Edit: how do you go about learning C++ ?

Last edited by kingpaco; 13th August 2008 at 07:48 PM.

Old 13th August 2008, 07:43 PM
Clanker

Quote:
well when you're ready, show me what you can do

oh- and i'm using mac... so i hope thats not a problem
I don't think it'll be a problem, finished downloading, will do a simple program right now to show more or less what I can do.

EDIT: Nevermind, I need to download some extra files.

EDIT 2: Finally given up on trying to download it, the file always ends corrupted. I think I'll wait 'till friday to do it.

Last edited by pgpm10; 13th August 2008 at 08:07 PM.

Old 13th August 2008, 09:02 PM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 
I'll be having 15 levels for the game, and then thats it. I have 11, so i'll accept four more level idea's.

@pgpm10: that's fine i can wait til friday
@kingpaco: idk, i've never really liked the idea of copying off a movie. I'll take that one into consideration though.

Closed Thread

User Tag List