Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > The Banjo Kazooie Series

The Banjo Kazooie Series General Discussion about the Banjo Kazooie series from the N64 classics to the handheld sequels & new Xbox games.

Old 21st July 2011, 08:05 PM
Glowbo

Exclamation Levitate in BK using Gameshark

I have tried and tried and cannot figure out a definitive answer on how to use the gameshark to use the L for levitation, for Banjo Kazooie for N64

I have tried both version 1.0 and 1.1 (1.1 is clearly not my game cause it slows it down immensely).

Can someone help? I'm super frustrated.

Old 21st July 2011, 11:20 PM
Grunty's Reject

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B2K1 Chatterbox 
Well you need to use an emulator first. If you have a gameshark, copy the levitate code from the emulator

Old 22nd July 2011, 12:44 AM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowKazooie View Post
Well you need to use an emulator first. If you have a gameshark, copy the levitate code from the emulator
This might work, if he has PJ64 .

I also remember having problems with this, infact I think it was one of my first posts here . I think I just searched around more and found one that actually worked. Are you using the PAL or NTSC version?

Old 22nd July 2011, 01:21 AM
Grunty's Reject

yeah, thats what I said.

He used the n64

Old 22nd July 2011, 03:50 AM
Glowbo

No I'm actually using the N64 console; I don't want to play this on my computer. I'm using the NTSC version.

If I do need an emulator I'm going to need detailed instructions... but to be honest I had a gameshark years back and I got this to work but I had to play around with it. I haven't been able to figure it out.

Old 22nd July 2011, 04:04 AM
The Bundinator

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! Game On Reminiscence SteamLink Verified RWP Donator 
Doesn't the gameshark have a built in code for "Press L for levitation?" for Banjo-Kazooie?

If not, here's one I found:

D0281251 0020
8137C4BC 43E0

Hold L to levitate, and let go to land. Just make sure it's activated in the Gameshark menu, and make sure any "must be on" codes are enabled as well. Then play game with selected codes.

Hope that helps.

Want to hear my sexy voice play video games? =>

Last edited by Bbundy09; 22nd July 2011 at 04:10 AM.

Old 22nd July 2011, 04:21 AM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonstock View Post
No I'm actually using the N64 console; I don't want to play this on my computer. I'm using the NTSC version.

If I do need an emulator I'm going to need detailed instructions... but to be honest I had a gameshark years back and I got this to work but I had to play around with it. I haven't been able to figure it out.
We meant that you could easily find the code from the emulator as they have codes already saved on them, L to levitate being one of em. You're probably missing the (m) must be on code, but I wasn't sure if BK had it.

Old 22nd July 2011, 04:34 AM
Glowbo

Sorry to be so frustrating but I already have the Levitate code in (and on). I have the required (M) code on and I use other cheats on the menu and all of them work perfectly fine except this one. I've looked at the code in it too and it coincides with what has been written as the correct code. I don't even get why it's not working.

Old 22nd July 2011, 04:48 AM
Thread of the Year '10-'11

Total Awards: 22
You're Appreciated! Archery 2000 Trophy Puzzle Six Puzzle Five Mystery Four 
Quote:
Sorry to be so frustrating but I already have the Levitate code in (and on). I have the required (M) code on and I use other cheats on the menu and all of them work perfectly fine except this one. I've looked at the code in it too and it coincides with what has been written as the correct code. I don't even get why it's not working.
Nobody here will explain to you how to get an emulator because that is illegal and against our rules, unfortunately.

As to why this is not working, check your Os and 0s. You've confirmed the gameshark is working, so the error is on the human.

Old 22nd July 2011, 05:05 AM
Grunty's Reject

ROMS are illegal, Dan. Emulators are fine

Old 22nd July 2011, 11:38 AM
The Bundinator

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! Game On Reminiscence SteamLink Verified RWP Donator 
Quote:
What other cheats do you have on? I have a feeling that might do something with it. I am having a vague recollection that I've had to deal with a similar problem to this before...

Want to hear my sexy voice play video games? =>

Old 22nd July 2011, 05:52 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbundy09 View Post
What other cheats do you have on? I have a feeling that might do something with it. I am having a vague recollection that I've had to deal with a similar problem to this before...
I have Infinite lives, health, red feathers, gold feathers, air, eggs.

I know this happened to me YEARS ago but I cannot figure out how to get around it?!

Thank you everyone for all your input and help

Tags
cheat, gameshark, help me!

User Tag List