Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Homebrew Games and Tools

Homebrew Games and Tools If you've created a trainer, texture editor, or a full-blown fangame we'd like to see it here. Show off your mad programming skills.

Old 1st January 2014, 06:47 PM
Mr. Pants

Yeah, a gun/sword combo would be fine too if you can't include a Gunblade. I'll send you the reference soon.

Old 2nd January 2014, 12:37 AM
Clanker

Do what you like with me, however, can I provide vocals?
Narrations?
Something?!

Old 2nd January 2014, 05:16 AM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku View Post
Yeah, a gun/sword combo would be fine too if you can't include a Gunblade. I'll send you the reference soon.
Thanks. Just because I was working within constraints of what the program has. I haven't decided whether I want to use the graphics from packages I've bought or make my own. Considering the graphics packs all really look nice and blend well together I kinda want to use them and for the fact there are so many characters and places would save me a lot of time rather than making graphics.

So that would help a bit. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatNi View Post
Do what you like with me, however, can I provide vocals?
Narrations?
Something?!
Hmm if you can select the character template list I added in the main post I can add you. As for voice-acting I don't think I am gonna be doing that yet or anything like that. Aaand narration maybe once I get the story more built up with things to narrate.

Old 2nd January 2014, 06:24 AM
Grunty's Reject

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason View Post
awesome. Fill this thing here out if you can and I can approve it and work it into the game.
Character Template
Name: Pinkbull
Gender: Anthropomorphic 4 legged pink bull (IMPORTANT: I AM NOT A MINOTAUR AND GET YOUR MIND THE **** AWAY FROM THERE FA**OT)
General Appearance: Look at my art gallery on my RWP Wall. Anthropomorphic pink bull. 4 legs
Class: Anthropomorphic Bull
Weapons of Choice: A power shriek in the form of personal insults that go too far and cross several lines. I swear to god if you puss out on this I will rape you into your fatass brother

Skills and Talents: I'm ****ing pinkbull. I'm a tank and I do hella damage. I'm also evil I'd prefer if you are not able to play me because I need to be the badguy or **** you
Personality: **** your shit you perverted fence****er.
Favorite Thing(s):I AM A NAKED BULL THAT IS PINK
Strengths: I do freaky drugs that weird you out and make you strong and mad, and you'll smash through walls and shit.

Weaknesses: The thought of YK's penis.
Mini Bio: I really just wanna suck YK's cock. You know I don't care about anything else than giving that man a sickass blowjob, and he cums inside my mouth within like 10 seconds as he takes a hit of deo after drinking rubbing alcohol all night. I just want him to **** my asshole wide open when I taste his isopropyl kiss.

Old 2nd January 2014, 06:34 AM
Best New Member ('13 - 14)

I swear to god, I've read things on this forum I will never unsee. If you don't mind, I'm gonna go burn my eyes with a red-hot poker.

Old 2nd January 2014, 07:48 AM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbull View Post
Character Template
Name: Pinkbull
Gender: Anthropomorphic 4 legged pink bull (IMPORTANT: I AM NOT A MINOTAUR AND GET YOUR MIND THE **** AWAY FROM THERE FA**OT)
General Appearance: Look at my art gallery on my RWP Wall. Anthropomorphic pink bull. 4 legs
Class: Anthropomorphic Bull
Weapons of Choice: A power shriek in the form of personal insults that go too far and cross several lines. I swear to god if you puss out on this I will rape you into your fatass brother

Skills and Talents: I'm ****ing pinkbull. I'm a tank and I do hella damage. I'm also evil I'd prefer if you are not able to play me because I need to be the badguy or **** you
Personality: **** your shit you perverted fence****er.
Favorite Thing(s):I AM A NAKED BULL THAT IS PINK
Strengths: I do freaky drugs that weird you out and make you strong and mad, and you'll smash through walls and shit.

Weaknesses: The thought of YK's penis.
Mini Bio: I really just wanna suck YK's cock. You know I don't care about anything else than giving that man a sickass blowjob, and he cums inside my mouth within like 10 seconds as he takes a hit of deo after drinking rubbing alcohol all night. I just want him to **** my asshole wide open when I taste his isopropyl kiss.
Awesome. I was hoping someone would volunteer as a villain to be honest and like the idea of this character screaming out hateful vulagarity to crush the player's moral. Like if you replaced all the non-player characters in Portal with Drill Sergeants on steroids. With the way these are going and such odd and unique characters I will more than likely HAVE to do custom/original pixeled graphics for this.

I'll start working on a sprite template before working more on the game's mapping and locations then just in case I go through with all original graphics and they don't blend well with the locations.

Story and such I will continue. I am also throwing the idea around mentally of including sequences in the game not where the game PLAYS like a side-scroller. But has unusual aspects of it that are side-scroll only. Like in Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening where you'd find weird areas that were side-scrolling and really not-fitting with the rest of the game.

I'll start typing up some story script later and slap it on the wordpress so I have something to share.

YK should totally also be your partner in crime. In a totally no-homo way of course.

Old 2nd January 2014, 05:17 PM
Clanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason View Post
Thanks. Just because I was working within constraints of what the program has. I haven't decided whether I want to use the graphics from packages I've bought or make my own. Considering the graphics packs all really look nice and blend well together I kinda want to use them and for the fact there are so many characters and places would save me a lot of time rather than making graphics.

So that would help a bit. ^^

Hmm if you can select the character template list I added in the main post I can add you. As for voice-acting I don't think I am gonna be doing that yet or anything like that. Aaand narration maybe once I get the story more built up with things to narrate.
Awesome!
Here's my template:

Name: Jeebusfish
General Appearance: duh. A flying Asian cat. What more is there to say?
Class: Classy. (but srsly, I use da knifes)
Weapons of Choice: da knifes
Skills and Talents: flying, knife throwing, good with da ladies
Personality: Pretty warmish. Happy when fed
Favorite Thing(s): da knifes, science, da foods
Strengths: The sparkles dat fly off a ma body.
Weaknesses: bacon. yup
Mini Bio: Well, I is a flying Asian purple cat that likes food, but not bacon. I sparkle when happy and droop when sad. I love blowing things up (wit da science) and thrown' knives at da bad guys. I am warmish to da touch.

Also, you should have everybody narrate their own character for dialogue speels. That way, you can BECOME your characters.
As always, I would be happy to sabotage your lovely RPG with my voice .

Old 2nd January 2014, 06:34 PM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatNi View Post
Awesome!
Here's my template:

Name: Jeebusfish
General Appearance: duh. A flying Asian cat. What more is there to say?
Class: Classy. (but srsly, I use da knifes)
Weapons of Choice: da knifes
Skills and Talents: flying, knife throwing, good with da ladies
Personality: Pretty warmish. Happy when fed
Favorite Thing(s): da knifes, science, da foods
Strengths: The sparkles dat fly off a ma body.
Weaknesses: bacon. yup
Mini Bio: Well, I is a flying Asian purple cat that likes food, but not bacon. I sparkle when happy and droop when sad. I love blowing things up (wit da science) and thrown' knives at da bad guys. I am warmish to da touch.

Also, you should have everybody narrate their own character for dialogue speels. That way, you can BECOME your characters.
As always, I would be happy to sabotage your lovely RPG with my voice .
Heh, uhm... This is nice and all but really confusing to a certain point. Considering I have to make graphical adaptions off these descriptions. So your character is a cat then? I'm not sure what I am going with here reading this. ^^;;

UPDATE: ADDED SCREENSHOTS AND NEW CHARACTERS. SEE FIRST POST.

Last edited by Mason; 25th January 2014 at 10:01 PM. Reason: hwewh

Old 29th January 2014, 04:51 AM
Darth Dubzicus

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! Imagination Reminiscence Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
Name: Sprocket
General Appearance: (here have a terrible Gia avi)
Class: Mechanic
Weapons of Choice: Giant Wrench
Skills and Talents: Magic, Special Skills, I MAKE A MEAN SOUFFLE.
Personality: absent minded
Favorite Thing(s): a broken N64DD
Strengths: Things that make you who you are.
Weaknesses:Giant Insects
Mini Bio: Not much to tell he mainly keeps to himself can be found tinkering in his worshop
heres my terribly bland character
Whose cause and cure lie ever out of reach."

Old 29th January 2014, 06:31 AM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by N64DD View Post
Name: Sprocket
General Appearance: (here have a terrible Gia avi)
Class: Mechanic
Weapons of Choice: Giant Wrench
Skills and Talents: Magic, Special Skills, I MAKE A MEAN SOUFFLE.
Personality: absent minded
Favorite Thing(s): a broken N64DD
Strengths: Things that make you who you are.
Weaknesses:Giant Insects
Mini Bio: Not much to tell he mainly keeps to himself can be found tinkering in his worshop
heres my terribly bland character
Bland? Are you kidding me? I have been wanting to work in some sort of engineer/tinkerer/mechanic character forever to justify these "Bomb" items in the game to be used. Maybe your character can make them with a skill or something cool like that~? I love Mechanic/Engineer classes in games and it would really help flesh out this party with a more varied character since Derek and Frankie are both somewhat basher-ish and a Mechanic seems a bit rounded and different. Totally approved and gonna work in asap. *Totally now has reason to have some kind of airship later on now too.*

Old 29th January 2014, 07:00 AM
Darth Dubzicus

You're Appreciated! Imagination Reminiscence Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
oh gosh that makes me really happy I was really worried it was bland!!

I see I forgot to add skills
and brown hair is fine if ya can't do blue
Whose cause and cure lie ever out of reach."

Old 29th January 2014, 07:28 AM
Rare Witch Hero

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Grey Note Medal 
I just saw you had this open in the Random Thought thread and I thought this would be cool to join in on.

Character Template
Name: Brian
General Appearance: Fat man, brown hair and a beard
Class: Spellblade
Weapons of Choice: Axes, proficient with knives as well
Skills and Talents: Knows primarily fire spells, can easily start fires, can efficiently chop down trees (with fire)
Personality: Warm, hearty, friendly, relaxed unless provoked / easily provoked with a short temper
Favorite Thing(s): His axe, his home he built himself in the woods, his guitars
Strengths: He's good at finding weaknesses in opponents, and has a lot of power
Weaknesses: Somewhat slow, he is susceptible to cold, and he doesn't have the best perception / evasion because of his slow bulky build,
Mini Bio: He's a man of the woods, hunts, chops trees and builds and lives a generally peaceful life to himself.

Old 29th January 2014, 08:53 AM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarFox View Post
I just saw you had this open in the Random Thought thread and I thought this would be cool to join in on.

Character Template
Name: Brian
General Appearance: Fat man, brown hair and a beard
Class: Spellblade
Weapons of Choice: Axes, proficient with knives as well
Skills and Talents: Knows primarily fire spells, can easily start fires, can efficiently chop down trees (with fire)
Personality: Warm, hearty, friendly, relaxed unless provoked / easily provoked with a short temper
Favorite Thing(s): His axe, his home he built himself in the woods, his guitars
Strengths: He's good at finding weaknesses in opponents, and has a lot of power
Weaknesses: Somewhat slow, he is susceptible to cold, and he doesn't have the best perception / evasion because of his slow bulky build,
Mini Bio: He's a man of the woods, hunts, chops trees and builds and lives a generally peaceful life to himself.
Oh, man. I have been waiting for you to join in on this. Added and working in your character already. Liking the idea of the whole axe/woodsman thing too. Sounds like a helpful character. Approved.

Also letting it be noted from what I have test-played tonight and so far into this, without some of the stuff I am going to add now even, the game itself has a good 30 minutes of gameplay and one boss in an opening dungeon. It actually was difficult enough for me to have to go back to restock on potions and get the best equipment I could buy that early in and go back til I could beat it. Luckily around level 4 enemies will die in 2-3 turns each making the game balance itself out a bit more and by the time you beat the first dungeon, enemies on your ways back to town are a cinch making it a bit easier.

Really trying my hardest to make the game's stats balanced, fair, but challenging. There's no real need for grinding but you get plenty of battles as you go along. And if they annoy you, all non-world-map battles are on-sceen guys that chase you around like in Earthbound so you CAN kinda run around and lose them if you really need to or want to avoid them so there's that. I am going to be working in Blake's character possibly. You start with my character and Frankie but lose frankie shortly in temporarily. I also plan to bounce around characters throughout the beginning in a sorta Final Fantasy 9 way so you get a little slice of most of their stories.

Also apparently Madous and Pinkbull have agreed or decided to be villain characters in the game. I am going to have a real fun time working Pinkbull's dialogue in and may have to ask him for some fun lines to throw in as well. I am assuming he is going to be the trash-talking bad guy who demoralizes you and then tells a bunch of monsters to go kick your ass then walks away cracking up as you have to fight them off.

Wooo text wall post.

Old 29th January 2014, 03:22 PM
formerly DemonLabRat

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
Character Template
Name: Luke
General Appearance: 5'10" with brown hair? Honestly don't mind how you portray me.
Class: Ardent
Weapons of Choice: Rapier, Pistols/Revolvers
Skills and Talents: Abilities revolve around demoralising enemies/giving them penalties, as well as enabling allies/giving them bonuses, while attacking. Can use ice/poison based magic, and has fairly minor healing skills.
Personality: Shy and constrained.
Favorite Thing(s): Food, watching other people enjoying themselves, competitions.
Strengths: Pushes body and mind through to their limits, (resistant to ice, poison and emotion based effects) generally able to be evasive and precise with attacks, higher critical damage rates.
Weaknesses: Weak to fire and possibly sound based attacks, non-critical damage is subpar compared to others, hesitant as an individual and more likely to be tricked through conversation by people.
Mini Bio: Tasked with hunting down an evil being born from himself, Luke travels the planet and comes across Rarewitch, sometime after the seal deep within shattered. Wondering if it were possible that the monster he was chasing could have had something to do with the attack, Luke vows to help the people of Rarewitch, at least until he has his answers.

Last edited by 30-50 feral rats; 29th January 2014 at 03:32 PM.

Old 5th February 2014, 10:53 PM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonLabRat View Post
Character Template
Name: Luke
General Appearance: 5'10" with brown hair? Honestly don't mind how you portray me.
Class: Ardent
Weapons of Choice: Rapier, Pistols/Revolvers
Skills and Talents: Abilities revolve around demoralising enemies/giving them penalties, as well as enabling allies/giving them bonuses, while attacking. Can use ice/poison based magic, and has fairly minor healing skills.
Personality: Shy and constrained.
Favorite Thing(s): Food, watching other people enjoying themselves, competitions.
Strengths: Pushes body and mind through to their limits, (resistant to ice, poison and emotion based effects) generally able to be evasive and precise with attacks, higher critical damage rates.
Weaknesses: Weak to fire and possibly sound based attacks, non-critical damage is subpar compared to others, hesitant as an individual and more likely to be tricked through conversation by people.
Mini Bio: Tasked with hunting down an evil being born from himself, Luke travels the planet and comes across Rarewitch, sometime after the seal deep within shattered. Wondering if it were possible that the monster he was chasing could have had something to do with the attack, Luke vows to help the people of Rarewitch, at least until he has his answers.
Awesome. I can try working it in. I have been putting this off a but lately due to the fact I am having trouble with dumb programming things but I think I can fix them up.

User Tag List