Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 10th July 2008, 05:59 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
Yea i dont know how to hack, but i thought of starting on BK as a chance to start learning. I also hoped some people with a little bit of hacking experience would join the project so other members as well as myself could learn a little bit. But, i guess im going to get attacked for what i say here too so whatever.
How was that an attack? You said that you started a group specifically designed to help newer members learn to hack and find secrets, when you don't have a clue how SNS actually functioned, or how to hack.

Where as the TB has experienced hackers, knowledgeable members, over 30 signed up people and moderator support.

Were clearly ahead here.

Old 10th July 2008, 06:12 PM
Jinjo

Well then i guess im just no use to anyone, not even myself, am I? The Spiral Mountain Mythos Project is done then, kaput, vanished.

Old 23rd July 2008, 12:01 PM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award 
With rune's Ice Key discovery in DK64, it seems like we're not dead yet.

Rune's main problem ATM is trying to get DK64 to work in Nemu. If we can figure out a way to get thetm to work properly with each other, we could speed up the searching process enormously. That should be our current task.

We haven't has an actual task in ages, mind.

Old 23rd July 2008, 01:09 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award 
I have an idea on trying to get the Icekey 100% fully activated, but first I need a PAL version of runes codes

Old 23rd July 2008, 08:11 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Yah, I'll try to get that PAL code to you ASAP. Now that Subdrag has given me the code to use DK64 in Nemu64 I can run some ASM on the Icekey Quantity address and possibly find out how to fully activate it in the menu.

BTW, SSJ there was a NTSC to PAL converter posted on some website. I will try to find that for you.

Old 23rd July 2008, 08:24 PM
Brash Breegull

thanks, much appriciated

Old 6th August 2008, 05:02 PM
Brash Breegull

sorry for double posting but no-one would see if it I didnt post again

firstly: I desperately need a savestate of the complete mystery options unlocked in dk64. I want to try to unlock the debug mode by messing round with the menu codes that rune posted

secondly: Did you guys know that in crystal caverns there is a secret floor underneath one of the cabbins? (0059 scene digit)

http://img394.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dkcy8.jpg

Is there a chance that this hidden floor could be where you got the ice key?

E.g pull lever in crystal caverns, room flips, room completely changes?

It kind of reminds me of that secret room under the toxic waste that steve found

Last edited by ssj; 6th August 2008 at 05:07 PM.

Old 7th August 2008, 12:13 AM
Dkuyu

well ssj, that would make a lot of sence, and it's not completely scatter-brained, lol. that kinda reminded me of not the secret floor in rrb in bk, but of another cabin room in crystal caverns. u know the one where you keep pressing switches and it flips the room a certain way if you match a kongs face or something. i dont remember it exactly but there was a room like that. that might have been how it worked, and you made the switch appear somewhere, or lever, and you activated it, went into the cabin you found the hidden floor in, and like you said, the room was completely changed, revealing the ice key.

Old 7th August 2008, 06:33 AM
Glowbo

Question

Hello,every one.I have been lurking on this site for awile (about 2 years) and would like to become involved with this.if someone could please send be an e-mail or something that states the current progress,it would much be appreciated.Thank you. (nessmann52@hotmail.com)

Old 7th August 2008, 06:44 PM
Von Kriplespac

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkagent View Post
Hello,every one.I have been lurking on this site for awile (about 2 years) and would like to become involved with this.if someone could please send be an e-mail or something that states the current progress,it would much be appreciated.Thank you. (nessmann52@hotmail.com)
We could tell you here...?

If you want to get involved, I'd reccomend learning to hack. Otherwise, you'll probably wont be able to help

Also, bear in mind that we are more or less 100% sure that we've found everything in BK, BT and in other sources. The only thing left to find info would be in DK64 and its Kiosk version.

Old 7th August 2008, 07:53 PM
Glowbo

hacking is not a weak point of mine.i have looked over bits and pieces of this.if i could not hack,would i really be asking?but,if you have are almost done,then ok.

Old 7th August 2008, 09:52 PM
Von Kriplespac

You wouldn't belive how many people tried to join, but only wanted to randomly search textures.

We dont only do Banjo, though. We could use help in other games, such as DK64. We've considered branching out to non-Rare games too, such as Super Paper Mario.

But we'll probably stay in N64 games.

Old 8th August 2008, 12:57 AM
Clanker

I'm back, am I late?

Old 8th August 2008, 10:47 AM
Von Kriplespac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesgm6 View Post
I'm back, am I late?
Wow, mike, I haven't seen you in almost a year!

Your not exactly 'late', unless you still wanna hack BK or BT. We've moved on to try help runehero123 hack DK64, as he found the Ice Key in the game's memory!

Old 8th August 2008, 05:53 PM
Clanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox McBanjo View Post
Wow, mike, I haven't seen you in almost a year!

Your not exactly 'late', unless you still wanna hack BK or BT. We've moved on to try help runehero123 hack DK64, as he found the Ice Key in the game's memory!
Hmm, I just checked it out. It seems like he didn't find the ice key at all, just the text in the menu could you possibly shine some light on what has happened maybe through IM or something? If it's just the text he found then the key could have been found anywhere and not in that room. For all we know that room could be used for anything. (I'm saying this from just seeing the room and the key in the menu, I have no knowledge of what has been told )
Edit: Oh, and no actually i've been looking into DK recently to and have found some .... stuff, IM me and ill discuss it with you.

Tags
hacking