Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 9th August 2008, 01:21 PM
Glowbo

hey, this is going to sound kindof stupid but i haven't been online for, oh, three months, and wanted to know what has happened in my absense, (since almost always SOMETHING is happening on here) i would really appreciate it, thanks

Old 9th August 2008, 07:09 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xherosonic View Post
hey, this is going to sound kindof stupid but i haven't been online for, oh, three months, and wanted to know what has happened in my absense, (since almost always SOMETHING is happening on here) i would really appreciate it, thanks
Runehro123 found the Ice Key in DK64's memory. We haven't foiund the image, but we have found the text, and the menu slot.

Not much else has happened, unfortunatly.There isn't enough left for us to find, really.

One of out top dogs here, yamibakuragod, was banned, too.

Old 10th August 2008, 04:55 AM
Clanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox McBanjo View Post
Runehro123 found the Ice Key in DK64's memory. We haven't foiund the image, but we have found the text, and the menu slot.
I personally don't think the texture of the ice key is in the game in the first place, or even the model for that matter, because if Stop 'N' Swop was functional, the Banjo Kazooie game would most likely have transferred the model and texture data via RAM expansion pack.

Old 10th August 2008, 04:04 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesgm6 View Post
I personally don't think the texture of the ice key is in the game in the first place, or even the model for that matter, because if Stop 'N' Swop was functional, the Banjo Kazooie game would most likely have transferred the model and texture data via RAM expansion pack.
The only transfer that took place was setting flags in the memory that the other game would read. Sending textures and models would not be possible as the N64 can not make changes to the ROM.
I don't think we'll find an image for the ice key in DK64 as the game may have only been for testing the feature. Had it been the designated swapper then the switch to BT may have came too early for the ice key image to still exsist. It wouldn't hurt to check though.

Oh, and if you're ever looking to branch off onto the DS, I have some info on a few test maps for Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time if anyone is interested.

EDIT: Yami got banned? What for?

Last edited by AndyNPC; 10th August 2008 at 04:06 PM. Reason: I bringed back some pie

Old 10th August 2008, 07:18 PM
Jinjo

Yami got banned? for what?

Old 10th August 2008, 11:10 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award 
Making alternate accounts, spammy and baseless hate-filled threads, trolling and generally being an ass.

Old 11th August 2008, 12:06 AM
Clanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyNPC View Post
The only transfer that took place was setting flags in the memory that the other game would read.
Really? o.o I was never aware of that. So I guess DK in BK wouldn't be possible. Unless of course instead of making changes to the rom... the game just read data from the 4mb extra ram and applied those models and textures to already set ones ;D, yeah I sound way off but who cares its possible

Old 11th August 2008, 12:21 AM
Clanker

Total Awards: 2
RWP Donator INFECTED - B1K1 
K... it means that the only way that the ice key image could be in DK64 is if it's already in there. The flags are set up by data from BK, and DK64 gives you the icekey menu slot and image that were just unactive prior to when activated. So how did that secret room you guys found in DK64 go? Any idea what it's for yet :3

Old 11th August 2008, 12:36 AM
Clanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo cracker View Post
K... it means that the only way that the ice key image could be in DK64 is if it's already in there. The flags are set up by data from BK, and DK64 gives you the icekey menu slot and image that were just unactive prior to when activated. So how did that secret room you guys found in DK64 go? Any idea what it's for yet :3
So, your saying BK sets flags to certain addresses, how would BK know what to set if DK wasn't finished... er I actually never looked into how all this worked XD.

Old 11th August 2008, 04:20 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox McBanjo View Post
Making alternate accounts, spammy and baseless hate-filled threads, trolling and generally being an ass.
Just when you think you know a guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesgm6 View Post
So, your saying BK sets flags to certain addresses, how would BK know what to set if DK wasn't finished... er I actually never looked into how all this worked XD.
It isn't very hard to make sure both games could understand each other. The real problem was the changes in the N64 RAM that made the cartridge swap humanly impossible.

Old 9th September 2008, 01:13 PM
Glowbo

hi i'd like to join the twilight brigade because i have a theory if you notice banjo kazoies release date was delayed and delayed again however on its original release date diddy kong racing was released and there is one beta pic of mad monster mansion if you look in the backround of the pic you will see a framed picture of the windmill from the game conkers bad fur day if you go to the windmill and you moonjump around it you will see four doors that are impassable and the main door which is in relation with the fact that rare said you can only get four eggs or else stop n swop wont work so each door represents an egg and the main door is for the ice key that is my theory so you should also spend time working on conkers bad fur day

Last edited by arceusdude; 9th September 2008 at 01:30 PM.

Old 9th September 2008, 02:24 PM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Wait, Yami got banned? when was this?

Old 9th September 2008, 07:04 PM
Grunty's Reject

Basic Forum Rules 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbynicjr View Post
Wait, Yami got banned? when was this?
Like, a month ago. Pretty inconsiderate if you ask me.

Old 9th September 2008, 10:16 PM
Dingpot

Hey Please let me help, I have a BT cart and Gameshark, just let me know what to do.

Old 9th September 2008, 10:36 PM
Alumni Staff

Awesome Default Medal 
^ Someone REALLY needs to find an (M) code for BT... Without it hacking of any kind is a total nightmare. Ice Mario told me once that it involved patching the exception handler so as the cheat cart wouldn't conflict with it - does anyone have any idea how we might do this?

Tags
hacking