Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 19th August 2008, 07:30 AM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
30 Second Theory

As all of us know, Stop N Swop would have worked via cold-swapping Banjo-Kazooie with Banjo-Tooie in X(10-30 seconds) amount of time. According to evidence from hacking, you were suppose to first find the sandcastle codes in Banjo-Tooie. Using the codes, you unlock the secret areas in Banjo-Kazooie, finally collecting the items and swapping them to BT.

Now, if that's correct. There is something else missing here. Obviously, players needed to be warned about the 10-30 second swap time somewhere in Banjo-Tooie. Question is, how would this be accomplished?

I came up with three possible scenarios for this:

1) Game Manual: A simple solution would be to include instructions in the games manual. It would explain step-by step instructions for unlocking the sandcastle codes(when you find them) in BK and swapping the items over to Banjo-Tooie in under 30 seconds. However, it's unlikely that there wouldn't be some sort of in-game example.

2) Character X: You meet a character in the game that tells you to look out for special items. After finding each of these special items, you take it back to Character X. He/She/It then gives you a sandcastle code to enter into BK's TTC sandcastle. When you return the first item to Character X it explains the process for unlocking the areas in BK and swapping them to BT.

3) Menu: After collecting a sandcastle code, it appears in your menu. The explanation for unlocking the items and swapping them to BT is also contained in the menu.

Any comments or questions? Any other suggestions to how the 10-30 second rule would be explained by Rare in-game?

Old 19th August 2008, 07:36 AM
Missing Hero

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
I have some ideas (after found all sandcastle codes in BT):

-Jamjars:"You found codes for all mystery items.Switch off N64 and insert BK in X seconds"
-Blackeye:"Arr i told you all phrases...now go to fine game and fetch me my glory...X seconds,X seconds..."
-timer would appear,
-in place where you found codes sinpost would tell you that you would switch off N64 and insert BK in X seconds then come back to BT for use items,

Last edited by BanjoPL; 19th August 2008 at 09:20 AM.

Old 19th August 2008, 11:51 PM
Clanker

RWP Donator INFECTED - B1K1 
Well, anything that says switch to BK sounds like a money making thing, I think the thing from blackeye sounded good. Or maybe something mandatory
in speaking with would ask you early in the game if you owned BK, then not tell you why it needed to know. Then something else later would tell you the intructions if you had answered yes to the question earlier, and if you said no, then it wouldn't be activated. Otherwise, you'd be pressured to buy BK.

Old 21st August 2008, 02:46 AM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjoPL
I have some ideas (after found all sandcastle codes in BT):

-Jamjars:"You found codes for all mystery items.Switch off N64 and insert BK in X seconds"
-Blackeye:"Arr i told you all phrases...now go to fine game and fetch me my glory...X seconds,X seconds..."
-timer would appear,
-in place where you found codes sinpost would tell you that you would switch off N64 and insert BK in X seconds then come back to BT for use items,
-Jamjars explanation suggests that all items needed to be unlocked at the same time before swapping. Also, your forgetting that you don't need to turn off and swap to Banjo Tooie because you are given the sandcastle codes to enter into BK at ANY time.

There are basically 2 possible scenarios here...

A) You directly collect each sandcastle code. Since you have them, they are added to your menu screen. There would have to still be a way for the game to warn you about the swap time when transferring the data from BK to BT.

B) Character X reveals a code after completing a certain task. I speculate that Character X would be someone like Cheato, since yeah, he's a big cheat book. However, there isn't any evidence to confirm this.

You also need to remember that if you find the code in one file on BT, theoretically you should have it on ALL files. Seeing as the current evidence suggests that BK unlocked universal prizes(usable in all BT files). These cheats would also be stuck in the game.

What would be the best spot to display the codes on all BT files? In the menu? Cheato? Other?

Last edited by runehero123; 21st August 2008 at 02:49 AM.

Old 21st August 2008, 02:51 AM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
Have any of you seen that fake video where Banjo puts the stop n swop items on a machine and Bottles explains what to do? I think that is the perfect scenario.

Old 21st August 2008, 12:17 PM
Missing Hero

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
^ This video was named "A new cheat code" and is very great! too bad that this is just fake stuff
Also Cheato's idea looks like likely.

Last edited by BanjoPL; 21st August 2008 at 12:25 PM.