Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Homebrew Games and Tools

Homebrew Games and Tools If you've created a trainer, texture editor, or a full-blown fangame we'd like to see it here. Show off your mad programming skills.

Old 6th May 2009, 01:31 AM
Glowbo

Freezeezy Peak entrance texture

I've been using Project 64 and Rice's video plugin to rip a bunch of textures from BK, amongst which was the big ol' BK picture from the entrance to Freezeezy Peak. Now, the entire texture is 160x160, but it's broken up into a 5x5 grid of 32x32 textures. I reassembled the image in Photoshop, only to discover that I was missing the center piece in the bottom row (see attached image). I went back to try ripping it again... and discovered that that texture doesn't appear in-game, as that's where the actual level entryway is. Thus, Rice's can't rip it!

Is there a way to get that last piece of the texture? Is it even present in the game files at all?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Freezeezy Peak entrance.jpg (72.6 KB, 74 views)

Old 6th May 2009, 01:55 AM
Grunty's Reject

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
When you say the texture doesn't appear in-game, do you mean since you unlocked the entrance to Freezeezy Peak the texture went away? I haven't used Rice-and don't know much about anything like that in general-so I wouldn't know if it cannot locate textures just because of an in-game event.

Old 6th May 2009, 01:55 AM
Dingpot

INFECTED - B1K1 
Here is everything you need including the level model.

Last edited by mojobojo; 26th May 2009 at 10:15 AM.

Old 6th May 2009, 04:50 AM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo-Korezooie View Post
When you say the texture doesn't appear in-game, do you mean since you unlocked the entrance to Freezeezy Peak the texture went away? I haven't used Rice-and don't know much about anything like that in general-so I wouldn't know if it cannot locate textures just because of an in-game event.
Rice's is a video plugin for N64 emulators. It has an optional feature where, when a texture is loaded by the game, it is also dumped to the hard drive in both .bmp and .png formats. But the texture I'm looking for never gets loaded, since the Freezeezy Peak doorway, regardless of whether it's open or closed, takes the place of the section of the wall that the texture would otherwise appear on. The texture is unused in-game, so it never gets loaded, and thus, Rice's doesn't dump it.

mojobojo: I appreciate your trying to help, but the section I'm looking for doesn't seem to be in there. In fact, there seems to be a half missing from every one of the wall's textures in the file you posted.

Old 6th May 2009, 05:17 AM
Dingpot

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffRaff1138 View Post
mojobojo: I appreciate your trying to help, but the section I'm looking for doesn't seem to be in there. In fact, there seems to be a half missing from every one of the wall's textures in the file you posted.
I didnt know that it wasnt everything, I used BG to extract it so there was probably an error with that. I did it in a hurry so I wasnt paying attention.

Old 6th May 2009, 06:43 AM
Grunty's Reject

I think there's no full part in there because they cut out that part from the original image.
You can find the original image here: http://rarewarecentral.com/content/b...rs/bkballs.jpg

Old 6th May 2009, 08:03 PM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojobojo View Post
I didnt know that it wasnt everything, I used BG to extract it so there was probably an error with that. I did it in a hurry so I wasnt paying attention.
All the textures are correct and present, but there's a UV calculation bug in the last release of BG that causes that issue on certain clamped textures. It's fixed.

I don't know FP's filename so here's another example of the fix (Grunty portrait).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clipboard01.jpg (95.4 KB, 35 views)

Old 6th May 2009, 11:42 PM
Dingpot

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooliscool View Post
All the textures are correct and present, but there's a UV calculation bug in the last release of BG that causes that issue on certain clamped textures. It's fixed.

I don't know FP's filename so here's another example of the fix (Grunty portrait).
Im banging my head against the wall right now bacause im so excited about the release of your application.

User Tag List