Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 16th June 2008, 12:55 PM
Alumni Staff

Total Awards: 1
Awesome Default Medal 
Yeah I've found those before, they move around a bit depending on which bits of the RAM the game is using.

The bitflags I found are a bit different though, they can activate various functions in the game, including the sandcastle codes and the end cutscene. I'd say there are probably more functions in there as well, it's one of the things I want to revisit as soon as Ye Olde Exams are done

Old 16th June 2008, 02:00 PM
Brash Breegull

RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award 
does anyone know the offsets for the sandcastle codes for the PAL version of bk? And quickly tell me how i should go about loading the cheats in the memory editor?

Old 16th June 2008, 10:06 PM
Alumni Staff

Awesome Default Medal 
Hang on a sec - do you mean the offsets for the code IDs (the one where you can change the effect of a code)?

Old 16th June 2008, 11:33 PM
Brash Breegull

Im not sure, i basically just want to be able to see a list of the cheat codes in memory

Also Ive located rune's sns flags in RAM on the actual n64 version. 803fff10 I know its old news but I know how they work so if anyone wants me to test anything. There located right at the end of the file. Theres a tiny bit of data a bit after that and i dont know what it is. Ill check to see if they correspond to anything at the end of tooies memory file. Unfortunately the code generator does not work in dk64. So its impossible for me to check

Edit: the string of data I found is stop n swop. And I can prove it later. From what I gather its telling you what items you got in what order. Ive even tested a few things and written it down. And what I estimated would happen happened. Ill make a thread in the hacking section

Last edited by ssj; 17th June 2008 at 05:18 PM.

Old 30th June 2008, 11:16 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award 
Wow, the thread is dying...

Out of interest, have you found anything in DK64 since, rune? You said you had the right idea of where to look, so have you discovered anything since?

Old 30th June 2008, 01:27 PM
Brash Breegull

no only the dk64 walk through walls code, which is the same code as the moon jump and the programming image. I had a go on trying to unlock that dk64 debug menu the other day but had no luck.

Last night I had a play about with renegade 64. I keep getting the error read process memory failed and can't load the memory editior

what am i doing wrong??

tbh honest fox i think the whole sns stuff is dying in general. Im only doing bits of hacking here and there now. The last theory we discussed in the chat will probaly be the last one.Theres not alot more I can do.

Nuts and bolts will probaly just confirm what we already know. Unless of course they make a brand new sns linking with viva pinata 2 and ds

Theres plenty of other mysteries we can solve in video-games

like waluigi in mario 64 ds

Last edited by ssj; 30th June 2008 at 01:50 PM.

Old 1st July 2008, 03:56 AM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Haven't done anything with dk64 kiosk yet fox. Been busy with things the past few days. I'll definetly go over it tommorow. If I find anything, this thread will be the first to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxmcBanjo
Wow, the thread is dying...
Yeah...it's sad, but all threads eventually die . Except stickies .

Old 1st July 2008, 01:29 PM
Brash Breegull

80079678 0001
800755C8 0001
80073378 0001
8007A0E0 0001
80046A08 0001
80078C08 0001
800455E8 0001
80009EF0 0001
8007B240 0001
8007E6E8 0001

Im close to finding a debug mode for tooie, using the rwps video

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kCSsz5xXf6c

bascially in the title screen the rareware info flashes. And in game the game freezes before a map opens or you press start

would by any chance the debug mode be close to a code like this?

im guessing you would have to press something when the flash occures, then in game press l r and start together to activate the debug menu

Old 2nd July 2008, 02:44 AM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
I dunno SSJ. Seems like a waste of time. Basically that's just a bunch of data that programmers would have used to find errors in the code. It wouldn't really do us any good. Now, if we found the "Level Select" menu that would be pretty cool.

Old 3rd July 2008, 11:32 AM
Jinjo

I'm New and I want to help (well...learn)

Hey guys. ive been following the SNS theories here for a while now and i gotta say, im impressed. yet, ive noticed a few people flaming the theories of others, claiming SNS does nothing and everyone is wasting their time. i dont think that is the case however. i want to help in any way i can. sadly, i dont know dick about hacking, or anything else that could be entirely useful. all i have is BK and DK64, as well as BT as a rom. please, can anyone give me a heads up on any resources or tips on exploring rom data, hacking, etc. even if im learning things we already know, i want to start somewhere. besides, im starting game development in college soon and i think this could help me out a bit...and im bored. if im posting on the wrong thread...whoops. anyway thanks guys and keep up the good work!

Old 3rd July 2008, 11:37 AM
Mecha-Grunty

Total Awards: 4
Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
Hey guys. ive been following the SNS theories here for a while now and i gotta say, im impressed. yet, ive noticed a few people flaming the theories of others, claiming SNS does nothing and everyone is wasting their time. i dont think that is the case however. i want to help in any way i can. sadly, i dont know dick about hacking, or anything else that could be entirely useful. all i have is BK and DK64, as well as BT as a rom. please, can anyone give me a heads up on any resources or tips on exploring rom data, hacking, etc. even if im learning things we already know, i want to start somewhere. besides, im starting game development in college soon and i think this could help me out a bit...and im bored. if im posting on the wrong thread...whoops. anyway thanks guys and keep up the good work!
You are now my favourite... For ever!
Unfortunately I don't know dick about you...

Old 3rd July 2008, 11:43 AM
Jinjo

Lol thanks. just an avid rare fan whos been thinking bout SNS alot lately, especially since BK: NB is coming out soon. like i said, i dont know nearly as much as everyone else already does, and im a bit late to the party. ive read many of the sensible theories on the forums including CBM's "groundbreaking" revelation. however, i see guys are trying to say "SNS is dead. get on with it" but wheres the fun in that? im not resting till 1) we find out something we havent found or 2) Rare right out tells us "ok guys SNS did this... we're sorry we trashed it. oh and by the way, were going back to nintendo...." ... yeah its nice to dream lol

Old 5th July 2008, 01:00 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
Lol thanks. just an avid rare fan whos been thinking bout SNS alot lately, especially since BK: NB is coming out soon. like i said, i dont know nearly as much as everyone else already does, and im a bit late to the party. ive read many of the sensible theories on the forums including CBM's "groundbreaking" revelation. however, i see guys are trying to say "SNS is dead. get on with it" but wheres the fun in that? im not resting till 1) we find out something we havent found or 2) Rare right out tells us "ok guys SNS did this... we're sorry we trashed it. oh and by the way, were going back to nintendo...." ... yeah its nice to dream lol
SNS is dead.

We've been hacking BK and BT for nearly 10 years. There is absolutely NOTHING left in the games that we are yet to find. Every single file has been looked in, hacked, re-hacked, theorised about, re-re-hacked and debunked. Nothing is left in either game that would await us, at ALL. There is absolutely NOTHING in either BK or BT, bat the minute amount of unactivateable Freeze digits.

We already know how SNS functioned, how it was implimented, why it was removed, what point in development is was removed at, what games it existed in, what prizes there were and how the prizes were obtained. The only thing left is to activate it, but that is, theoreticlally, impossible without BT's end of the code.

DK64 has a small amount of information on SNS, and possible the activation coding, but very little else. Everything about SNS has been found. The ashes of the embers of the very essence of SNS have been re-hacked thousands of times. There is absoultely NOTHING left of any non-hacking value. Textues on walls, colour-combinations and random guessing don't help, and, unless you can hack, your going to be of almost no help.

Dont get me wrong, though, new members can always be helpful. If you want to learn to hack, visit the hacking section of the forums. Otherwise, try researching in some other area. But being 'hopeful' for SNS is really not needed.

Last edited by Fox McBanjo; 5th July 2008 at 01:03 AM.

Old 5th July 2008, 04:50 PM
Alumni Staff

Awesome Default Medal 
To be fair, a debug code could very possibly have some interesting info in it... some of them (for example the debug menu you can unlock in Star Wars Racer) will give you lists of levels, with their working titles, and what not... I believe BK:GR is one such example...?

Old 6th July 2008, 01:55 AM
Jinjo

Well wouldn't the debug menu have been found through hacking already?

Tags
hacking