Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 25th January 2016, 12:18 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
Started my free copy of Far Cry 4 courtesy of Ubisoft. It's okay. The world is pointlessly large and while I haven't yet gained the wingsuit, none of the modes of transportation I've used so far were fun to use. The stealth is okay, but the combat itself just feels really generic.

Old 25th January 2016, 01:51 AM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 7
You're Appreciated! Imagination Game On Reminiscence Chatterbox 
I finally got around to installing Diablo 2 and LOD onto my computer and so far I cannot get off it.

Blep!!

Old 25th January 2016, 02:21 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
imo if you're gonna play far cry just play blood dragon

it's a good game and it's short to 100% so it doesn't outstay its welcome

honestly thinking about it, the best big-budget ubisoft games these days seem to be the shortest ones, hah

Old 26th January 2016, 01:00 AM
Rare Witch Hero

I've got Blood Dragon on PS3, but just haven't played it yet. That theory seems to hold true for a lot of games. My favorite Infamous title is First Light, and my personal game of the year for 2015, Until Dawn, could be beat in one sitting easy.

Old 26th January 2016, 01:28 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyNPC View Post
the best part of this is how it amounted to barely anything but a legal way to buy untranslated releases of touhou 14 and takkoman in the us more than six months later

if you want a legal way to buy literally any other touhou game you need to know how to navigate japanese websites

Last edited by The Colonel; 26th January 2016 at 01:31 AM.

Old 27th January 2016, 01:08 AM
Satan

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
MGS1 is amazing. But god damn I wish it had some of the more subtle features that worked in the overall gameplay mechanics that I remember MGS2 having. No FPS aiming for guns other than PGS and Stinger is a huge pain, no summersaults, to my knowledge no true knock out system (Although killing the enemy in this game doesn't seem nearly as punishing as in other stealth games). Overall I'm loving it and can't wait to finish so I can continue playing through the series. I got MGSV for Steam for half price ($30) but my friend tells me it's best appreciated if you play the other games in the series first, citing that Kojima structured it around having had played them.

Old 27th January 2016, 01:26 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Rayman Legends is neat

Old 27th January 2016, 05:24 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

picking ys 6 and trails in the sky back up. they're both good. this castle music in ys 6 is ****ing kickin' rad as shit

i hope the trails in the sky sequel that isn't cold steel, where you play as a cool small-town police officer in a town between the borders of two big countries, gets translated

Old 28th January 2016, 02:11 AM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
Just had some sort of terrifying sea dragon type thing grab my Seamoth and start crushing it in it's huge ass jaws in Subnautica. It let me go, and then as I ran it grabbed me again, and then destroyed my ship.

Fear of deep water is increasing substantially because of this game .

Old 30th January 2016, 12:12 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDredlokk View Post
MGS1 is amazing. But god damn I wish it had some of the more subtle features that worked in the overall gameplay mechanics that I remember MGS2 having. No FPS aiming for guns other than PGS and Stinger is a huge pain, no summersaults, to my knowledge no true knock out system (Although killing the enemy in this game doesn't seem nearly as punishing as in other stealth games). Overall I'm loving it and can't wait to finish so I can continue playing through the series. I got MGSV for Steam for half price ($30) but my friend tells me it's best appreciated if you play the other games in the series first, citing that Kojima structured it around having had played them.
For Metal Gear Solid 4 I can certainly say it was designed around having played all of the other games. For 5 it expects you've at least played Ground Zeroes. Series peaked at 3 if you ask me.

Back in Disney Infinity 3.0 at the moment. I now have every play-set currently available. The Inside Out play-set is pretty bland so far, and the writing is horrible.

Old 5th February 2016, 06:57 AM
Lord of Games

Game On INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDredlokk View Post
Phantom Pain expects you to have played Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes. Peace Walker expects you to have played 3. You'll be able to have a greater appreciation if you've played 1 and 4 as well. 2 is the only one that you won't get much out of in relation to 5, but you NEED 2 in order to understand 4.

So essentially, yes, you should play every other MGS game in order of release before you play Phantom Pain.

Old 6th February 2016, 04:19 AM
Funniest Member ('13 - '14)

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Just beat the Metroid Prime Trilogy. ****ing religious experience. The end credits of the third game only cement that

Old 7th February 2016, 09:16 PM
Bunnycomb

INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
'sex' minigame in gow 3 is weird. you don't even see kratos' phalanx

Old 8th February 2016, 12:51 AM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
For the past few hours I've been playing Slime Rancher. I'm glad someone bought my dumb gun from TF2, this was definitely worth it.

Old 8th February 2016, 07:11 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmbqeMTfoXs

User Tag List