Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Archive > The RWP Bash

Old 20th June 2008, 09:31 AM
Most Missed Member '11 - '12

Total Awards: 8
SteamLink Verified Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Viva Piñata TiP Mastery 
Smile RWP Bash Day 1~3: Wiki Weekend! (June 20th ~ June 22nd)

Although it may be a lot meatier than it has been in the past, the Rare Witch Project’s Wiki is far from completion. It is the lonely child of the site’s features, never getting the attention it deserves. Well, to make up for all of the years of being put on the back burner and neglected in general, this entire weekend will be dedicated to adding content to the poor thing.

If you’re not already registered, head on over via this link and sign up. Contribute in any area you feel you have personal expertise in and watch as the library grows.

Wiki Editing Guidelines
  1. Please upload all images directly to the Wiki. Do not leech pictures from other sites.
  2. Don't steal content! Yes, plagiarism is still plagiarism on the internet. Don't just copy information from a different source to the Wiki.
  3. Make your additions meaningful. Two sentences about all of Rare Ltd. is essentially a waste of space. If you are barely going to contribute, leave the lengthy articles to people who will.
  4. Keep the formatting the same across the Wiki. There are already plenty of templates for games, companies, etc. Try and stick to the conventions already laid out.

New Arcade Game – June 20th
Bubbles: Bubbles is a simple, relatively quick game where you control a single small bubble in a sea of mines. Guiding your fragile sphere in such dangerous waters keeps you on edge, and the duration of a round prevents the game from getting tedious and boring.

New Arcade Game – June 21st
Asteroids: Because I'm back to adding games to the arcade, I thought - hey, why not add some arcade games to the arcade. Asteroids is such a poplar, addictive game that it seemed to fit today's release bill. In fact, while I was uploading it to the server I began questioning why it wasn't on the RWP already.

Bonus Game, Seconds of Madness: Originally, this game was meant to be the release of the day. However, only members who have been registered for 90 days and made 125 posts are able to play it, so I thought having it be the exclusive game of the day was unfair.

New Arcade Game – June 22nd
Burger Time: Sticking with the classic theme, I decided to add Burger Time to our library of games. It definitely offers that old age, nostalgic feeling, but something about it seems "fresher" than its brethren like Asteroids and Galaga.

Earnable Award – June 20th ~ June 22nd
To earn an award each day (3 total) simply make five unique additions to the Wiki (fifteen total). They can be in any section, and a minimum of several lines in length.

Old 20th June 2008, 10:30 AM
Retired

Total Awards: 11
RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award 
This is a great way to start things off.

I've already got one Wiki Contribution today.

EDIT: I've got my five contributions. Award, please?

Last edited by Avarice; 20th June 2008 at 10:44 AM.

Old 20th June 2008, 03:00 PM
Clanker

Total Awards: 12
Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Nice, I'll be sure to add to this both during and after the Wiki Weekend. I've already got my five for today done.

Old 20th June 2008, 04:46 PM
Most Missed Member '11 - '12

Total Awards: 8
SteamLink Verified Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Viva Piñata TiP Mastery 
NOTE: Your additions don't have to be lengthy by any means, but they should be at least partially substantial. If you only added a single sentence or two to some pages, you should probably go back and add in more information if you want the award. Hint hint Avarice .

Old 20th June 2008, 05:01 PM
Retired

RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award 
D'oh.

I'll just work on making these longer then. Already got the article on the RWP at a decent length.

Last edited by Avarice; 20th June 2008 at 05:16 PM.

Old 20th June 2008, 05:03 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 15
Mystery Four Mystery Three Mystery Two Mystery One INFECTED - B2K1 
Damn, why is my weekend already busy scheduled. I have no time for any of this...
\_(❀❀) _/
/ ◯◯ \
☄╯  ╰ シ

Old 20th June 2008, 05:16 PM
Friendliest Member ('07 -'08)

Total Awards: 9
RWP Note Medal Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award 
Sounds great! Have fun, everybody! Can't wait for the Arcade games, and to get to work on the Wiki! :jig:

Old 20th June 2008, 05:24 PM
Retired

Hey, if I wanted to write an article purely on the controversy over Nuts & Bolts (such as "Should Banjo really be in it?" "Do the vehciles detract from the experience" etc.), would it be better to add to the existing article on Nuts & Bolts, or to just create a whole new page?

Old 20th June 2008, 06:21 PM
I Wanna Be The Admin

Total Awards: 13
INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B1K1 
I foresee Tetris in our near future.

Old 20th June 2008, 06:23 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Thank you, User Title.

EDIT: One down, four to go...

EDIT: Two down...

EDIT: Three down...

EDIT: Four down... Oh, and so you know, my wiki name is the same as my forum name.

EDIT YET AGAIN: All done, award please.

Last edited by Banjo64; 20th June 2008 at 07:25 PM.

Old 20th June 2008, 09:25 PM
I Wanna Be The Admin

Total Awards: 13
INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B1K1 
You're supposed to do it two more times. Five tomorrow, and five the next day.

Old 20th June 2008, 09:41 PM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
People, please keep in mind that there are formats and such to follow. Example, all character pages should like similar to this and generic drone enemies are currently not being given their own pages, but rather list pages (ala this and this).

Although I appreciate people trying to help, please keep these in mind. Thanks.

EDIT: Also, please upload images directly to the Wiki rather than leeching them from other places.

Last edited by Bottles98; 20th June 2008 at 09:45 PM.

Old 20th June 2008, 09:43 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatman3388 View Post
You're supposed to do it two more times. Five tomorrow, and five the next day.
You get an award for each day, and three in total.

Old 20th June 2008, 09:54 PM
Clanker

Total Awards: 12
Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottles98 View Post
People, please keep in mind that there are formats and such to follow. Example, all character pages should like similar to this and generic drone enemies are currently not being given their own pages, but rather list pages (ala this and this).

Although I appreciate people trying to help, please keep these in mind. Thanks.

EDIT: Also, please upload images directly to the Wiki rather than leeching them from other places.
Woops, that would be me. Sorry, I just went by the Wanted Articles for mine. Same with the images.

Old 20th June 2008, 09:56 PM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
It's fine, it's fine. I just wish Grey had contacted me before posting this asking if there was maybe anything I wanted to add. lol