Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 15th July 2008, 01:53 PM
Most Intelligent Member ('08 - '09)

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Please....please don't ruin N+B s'n's rare witch

I understand, this is a discussion forum for discussing, making theories, and just talking about all kinds of stuff. It's been one day and i've already see rediculous speculation about the bk arcade - n+b swop, some are as follows.

- unlocking all of grunty's lair

- unlocking all of banjo and kazooies moves

- getting the ice key unlocks all the moves from tooie as well

- Getting Beta Levels in BK Arcade

- Getting beta levels in BanjoLand

seriously....stop n swop between banjo kazooie and nuts and bolts is strictly a fan-pleasing gimmick. It will not have the same outcome it was originally supposed to, and is, in that way, not the real stop n swop. Its purpose is to just show us, once and for all, what it WAS supposed to do, and what happens in banjo kazooie, what menus and text are shown, and all that jazz.

But because its happening with nuts and bolts now, everyone wants all these crazy things that are just not going to happen...new moves ? all of the old moves return ? getting all of grunties lair back ? yeah...rare is going to waste months recreating art and rebuilding an HD version of grunties lair just as a fan service for this feature...that sounds like a plausable way to spend they're time.

we're not going to get all those old unfinished levels brought back, if you expect things this huge, your just going to be extremely dissapointed when we get to finally use the feature. Expect special and additional vehicle parts for nuts and bolts, expect perhaps small unlocked areas that pay fan service to long time banjo kazooie fans, but dont expect the game to cure cancer and give you all kinds of crazy features and moves and new leves.

please, the speculation will only make stop n swop worse.

Old 15th July 2008, 02:31 PM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 
Didn't they say Sns would unlock things in BK so it wouldn't even have an effect on NB, only you take stuff from NB?

Old 15th July 2008, 04:30 PM
Bajr

Total Awards: 4
You're Appreciated! RWP Donator RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
Still, i won't ruin it (God forbid) but i am greatly anticipating it anyhow.

It might put a rest to all of this S 'n' S madness (Partly all started by me!!!)

Old 15th July 2008, 04:55 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
1/2 won't listen to you

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Old 15th July 2008, 04:57 PM
Grunty's Reject

I understand what you're saying, but these types of topics often cause more trouble then the ones you're trying to prevent.

Old 15th July 2008, 04:57 PM
Bunnycomb

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter 
its all part of the banjo universe, we've had ten years of craziness trying to figure it out. A least we have kept banjo kazooie alive with our RWP maniac banjo fans. don't take all this stuff seriously, its just a game and its fun to see it all unravel before our eyes. Lets just have fun with it, thats what games are for to have fun, Right?

Old 15th July 2008, 06:17 PM
Jinjo

I agree with Joe. Most likely it will be parts for N&B, maybe BK-BT themed, but we should not expect something huge like old moves or Grunty's Lair. I would be honestly suprised if they give us something as big as even the 'Grunty's Lair (Entrance)' again.

Old 15th July 2008, 06:32 PM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamibakuragod View Post
I understand what you're saying, but these types of topics often cause more trouble then the ones you're trying to prevent.
As we've all learned the hard way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by J@mie View Post
Didn't they say Sns would unlock things in BK so it wouldn't even have an effect on NB, only you take stuff from NB?
Wel, they did realtively zero chages to BK right? apart from making it a little prettier and possibly fixing up the SNS items (maybe make it so tha they aren't ulocked forever in all game fies?). So basically, In N&B, we'll learn how to legally unlck the items in BK, and N&B will recognize them, so we'll get some nonessential prizes in N&B. Maybe a little of Grunty's lair, or some fan-pleasing video or an old move... Rare wants the fans to find some closure in SNS... but since it's a separate SNS, some of those here never will. I doubt it'll be stupidly gimmicky; I'm thinking it'll actually be something really cool, but, in agreement with xxxjoesusxxx, I doubt some of the high hopes expressed on these forums will be fulfilled.

Last edited by Mister Mxyzptlk; 15th July 2008 at 06:34 PM.

Old 15th July 2008, 07:04 PM

INFECTED - B1K1 
i mean, joking and junk like that, its all good, i just dont want to see a huge flood of threads where everyone gets super excited and over-analyzes everything and ends up disapointed...we've waited 10 years for these moment, why would we ruin it for ourselves by throwing our expectations about ninety miles up into the air ?

and to those who agreed with me, your names will be added to the good list...not that bad list...the one with skulls, blood, and cheeseburgers on it.

you dont want to be on that list.

Old 15th July 2008, 09:51 PM
Grunty's Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjoesusxx View Post
i mean, joking and junk like that, its all good, i just dont want to see a huge flood of threads where everyone gets super excited and over-analyzes everything and ends up disapointed...we've waited 10 years for these moment, why would we ruin it for ourselves by throwing our expectations about ninety miles up into the air ?

and to those who agreed with me, your names will be added to the good list...not that bad list...the one with skulls, blood, and cheeseburgers on it.

you dont want to be on that list.
It's already a bit late for that, that happened yesterday when the E3 video came out. There's not much you can do, with that big of an announcement, there's not much you can do. People are going to flood the forums about it no matter what, you just got to ride the waves.

Old 15th July 2008, 09:55 PM
Funniest Member ('13 - '14)

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
I agree, It'll be Beak Barge. No more and no less.

Old 16th July 2008, 12:21 AM

INFECTED - B1K1 
i hear, when you stop n swop, you unlock a special retro mumbo transformation technique that turns kazooie into oprah.

Old 16th July 2008, 12:41 AM
Lord of Games

Game On INFECTED - B1K1 
I agree entirely, but don't think that this post will stop the speculation. >_>

Old 16th July 2008, 01:02 AM

INFECTED - B1K1 
Geez, games used to be so simple. You find a secret, and woo! 10 extra lives or a bonus level!

But I agree with Joey.

Old 16th July 2008, 03:14 AM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamibakuragod View Post
It's already a bit late for that, that happened yesterday when the E3 video came out. There's not much you can do, with that big of an announcement, there's not much you can do. People are going to flood the forums about it no matter what, you just got to ride the waves.
I was surprised that the record of people online at the forums at one time wasn't broken yesterday, as well as the day the embargo was lifted a few moths ago.