Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 27th September 2007, 12:43 AM
Best Username

Total Awards: 1
RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Just a thought....

I just had a thought. Maybe SnS was not really a way to swap data or anything. Maybe it was just something to keep us asking questions and searching around. Maybe Rare just put in SnS to keep us talking about Banjo Kazooie even 9 years after its release. Even with all the "evidence" we think we found, they may have put it there on purpose. This might have all been planned.

I personally dont believe any of what I just said, but I want to pose a topic of discussion.

Old 27th September 2007, 12:59 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
But then why would Rare file a data swopping patent. HMMMMMMMMM?

Old 27th September 2007, 01:05 AM
Best Username

Total Awards: 1
RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
They might have originally meant to have the data swap, but they never implemented it in the game. What I mean is they might have just left the eggs, ice key, and some clues just to keep us talking about it and keep us excited. They definitely thought about the data swap, but they might not have ever meant to put it in the game once the real construction got under way. It is entirely possible that what we think is "evidence" is what they put in there on purpose and purposely left it there.

Old 27th September 2007, 01:08 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
I don't think they're that bright.

Old 27th September 2007, 04:32 AM
Grunty's Reject

.n.o.

Old 27th September 2007, 05:29 AM
Glowbo

Um.......omg sns?? </noob>

I'd thought about something similar to this as well - it would be a wonderful "marketing" strategy for them. I think there are few of us that would spend hours playing/hacking a game that didn't still have secrets inside of it. Even if the secrets are there and ready to be found, we're still playing and obsessing over a game that's 9 years old; the guys at Rare are very smart if they planned all this.

Another unrelated and disappointing theory I had was that there's nothing more in BK that we need to find, because the place you swapped was at the SnS pause screen thing. I don't know enough about hacking to know if you can tell whether or not that's true by looking at some code.