Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 10th February 2005, 10:01 PM
Bunnycomb

It's fairly simple why they might have set a trap. Obviosuly they knew that they wouldn't be releasing Banjo-Tooie any time soon after BK - which gave hackers plenty of time to make cheats to get the items. So, they planted a trap which would bugger up the sequence without anyone knowing it. By exploiting the human desire to collect every bugger'n thing possible, they had a system which would stall hackers until Banjo-Tooie, thus not leading to their surprise being ruined. Then Nintendo decided hot-swapping was dangerous - so they were buggered. Either that, or something else happened to feck up the connection.

Old 10th February 2005, 10:31 PM
Runaway from the Past

Total Awards: 5
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 4 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 1 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick
Now, how I came to these conclusions:
I noticed that after collecting the ice key, all the other eggs left in the game dropped in speed (of rotation), by more than half the original speed.
Unless my memory's totally shot, I believe the eggs spin at random speeds, both in the levels and on the SNS screen.

Nice to see someone's still interested in a bit of secret-hunting, though. This brings back memories...

Old 10th February 2005, 10:38 PM
Bunnycomb

I think he speaks only after the yellow egg is acquired. Perhaps someone could confirm.

Perhaps someone could confirm the X colour change also.

Surely if there was an extra cut scene it would have been discovered by now? I know, Bottles Revenge was recently found, so there could be hope?

Perhaps the "debug" codes were the correct way to get them? After all there is a small cut scene after each one?

Anyone care to comment on the "Big Clucker" mini scenes after you kill certain ones around Click Clock Wood?

About the "trap - why would they set one if "SNS was never meant to be known by the public" - obviously they expected no one to find SNS, so why would they set a trap? They didn't think hackers would collect them back when they created it. If so, they expected the public ti know about it. See what I mean?

I am sure the eggs rotate at random speeds?

I always thought it would be a good idea to see if the e"Stop N Swop" text changed colour. For example, if you are in "mumbos mountain", on the pause totals screen for mumbos mountain, the text at the top would be blue, indicating you are there. I always wondered if the SNS text would ever change - if it did, you would obviously be in the SNS location.

Is it true BK picks up the secret items on the memory card? Boltdragoon's site claims hackers have claimed it does?

Last edited by Benjo Koolzooie; 10th February 2005 at 10:47 PM.

Old 10th February 2005, 11:17 PM
Bunnycomb

There are cutscenes associated with the sandcastle codes?! If I knew that, I would have tried them long ago.

I'll try to confirm the red/black X.

EDIT: It's always black. Oh, well.

Last edited by Banjo-Fella; 10th February 2005 at 11:59 PM.

Old 11th February 2005, 11:01 AM
Bunnycomb

Yeah, only very brief cut scenes.

Thanks for confirming the X thing.

Old 11th February 2005, 08:43 PM
Alumni Staff

Total Awards: 1
Awesome Default Medal 
hmmm
anyone still want to try this? I worked out that, if the order in which the eggs are collected doesnt matter, there are only 15 possible combinations.
Unfortunatly, if the order does matter, we're looking at 360 combinations...
does the order count, do u guys think?

Last edited by hatrickpatrick; 12th February 2005 at 10:15 AM.

Old 11th February 2005, 10:39 PM
Dingpot

I think the order definately counts - if anything counts at all, that is. There has to have been a sequence planned.

Old 11th February 2005, 10:45 PM
Alumni Staff

Awesome Default Medal 
yeah but
the 1, 2, 3 thing on the board, could mean
get 4 eggs (in any order)
THEN get key
I reckon as soon as you collect the key, if you've got the eggs right, you get a cutscene of some sort, or a blindingly obvious addition to gruntys lair...

Old 11th February 2005, 10:54 PM
Most Missed Member '11 - '12

Total Awards: 8
SteamLink Verified Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Viva Piñata TiP Mastery 
Well anything else could be a pre-trigger variable. Which means order means nothing until you do something specific. Which would make trying the combinations obsolete.

Old 12th February 2005, 06:50 AM
Glowbo

Well, okay, I have two un-hacked copies of BK, but no Gameshark...so I'm wondering if I can use these "Sandcastle Codes" to get the eggs in the same manner...and if I can delete them and try again.

Old 12th February 2005, 07:22 AM
Most Missed Member '11 - '12

Total Awards: 8
SteamLink Verified Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Viva Piñata TiP Mastery 
Well you can use the sandcastle codes, but without gameshark the only way to delete the eggs is to keep turning your N64 on and off so that the data erases. Of course this erases ALL the data and can be potentially harmful to both the console and the cart.

Last edited by Grey Jinjo; 12th February 2005 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Typo'ed harmful with harmless... a huge mistake.

Old 12th February 2005, 10:17 AM
Alumni Staff

Awesome Default Medal 
I'm gonna order a new equalizer on ebay on wednsday
BTW, I'm going away until wednsday night, so I wont be able to post here...
Keep trying stuff while I'm gone

Old 12th February 2005, 04:08 PM
Registered User*

Did you notice some of the eggs are rotateing different diretions as the others!?!?!

Old 12th February 2005, 06:08 PM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow Mixer
Did you notice some of the eggs are rotateing different diretions as the others!?!?!
Yes, but I don't think that that would have anything to do with it.

I've noticed that the eggs spin at different sppeds, though.

I'll do some testing tonight, hackpatrick. I'll tell you if anything happens.

Also, I swear that the X on the map in RRB is red. Maybe, for some odd reason, it's black in the PAL version of the game.

Here's my theory:

When Rare was creating SnS in Banjo-Kazooie, they make the X red (so that you'd notice it and wonder). When they had to cancel the project (probably very close to the US release). they never removed the red X. But when they had more time to prepare for the PAL launch, they changed the X to blank to make it less noticeable. If something exists in Banjo-Kazooie that we don't know about yet, it's probably only existant in the NTSC version of the game.

Old 12th February 2005, 11:48 PM
Bunnycomb

Well, I had the Ice Key and the Blue Egg collected when I checked, and it was black. After collecting the Pink Egg, it was still black. Maybe I buggered up the sequence in which you're supposed to pick up the eggs, and it turned black as a result?