Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 2nd May 2007, 10:00 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaorBR
So, you basically said:
"I disagree with Bottles.
Although I do agree with Bottles."

No, I don't get it.
I disagreed with the fact that they couldn't do it if they wanted to, but I agreed that they didn't do it.

Old 2nd May 2007, 10:05 PM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

Total Awards: 11
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
The minute someone gives me a full technical explanation of how it would be done, I'll believe it CAN.

Too bad you can't though seeing as it's, you know, not.

Old 2nd May 2007, 10:31 PM
Clanker

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
I don't think that's possible to generate data from the 360 to the N64. But let's say by some small chance it's actually true. Why would Rareware make a game today that connects with a game that was made almost 10 years ago? I know of people who's lost their cartiridge, their N64 don't work, they only play it through emulation, and let's not forget those who haven't played it in the first place. I would be able to use it, but I don't think there'd be a lot of people who would.

Old 2nd May 2007, 10:54 PM
Brash Breegull

Most people don't have an N64 any more, Why would Microsoft make a game that links to an obsolete game system. So the only people that could use the new game are the people that keeped their N64 system? That doesn't make any sense at all. Its rather asinine if you ask me.

Oh by the way I have 3 N64 systems and 82 N64 games. I love Nintendo But this idea is just fantasy.

Old 2nd May 2007, 11:13 PM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by firealpha712
I disagreed with the fact that they could do it if they wanted to, but I agreed that they didn't do it.
Then you agree that your own theory isn't valid?

Old 2nd May 2007, 11:24 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
But then....they would have to change the name to arcade swap or something entirely different, as you would have no need to stop the games to swap the memory.

Old 3rd May 2007, 12:32 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
No. You Stop playing one game N Swap to playing the other game...

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Old 3rd May 2007, 12:37 AM
4 8 15 16 23 42

RWP Donator 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottles98
The minute someone gives me a full technical explanation of how it would be done, I'll believe it CAN.

Too bad you can't though seeing as it's, you know, not.
I'll give you a good one. It is in no way going to happen but it is possible. Re-realease the Xbox 360 and have a built in N64 and then you can access the memory. So technically it is possible! So ha!

And couldn't you just add some sort of attatchment using the USB on the 360? Thats possible too!

Old 3rd May 2007, 12:47 AM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Well the 360 would have to have some kind of link program that could read the data from the n64, cuz its a .rom, but that could be done via a download patch! Yes, more evidence for possible, but not likely.

Old 3rd May 2007, 07:35 AM
Jolly Rodger

INFECTED - B1K1 
well it would be THERETICALLY( is that how u spell it? doubt it) possible, if they released an upgrade for the n64, and an upgrade to the 360, but this is why it isnt actually possible

1. they are both different companies, they would both have to agree on it to be done

2. they will not bring the n64 back just for 1 or 2 or 3 games

3. i doubt anyone has done this type of thing before, why would RARE do it?

4. the people who havent heard of rare or bk will be like wtf? who the hell is this? and wtf are they doing?

5. probably too much money would be invested into the program

6. it is almost destined to fail

7. i bet neither microsoft or sony would want to do it

thats about 7/1000 or more reasons why it can't happen, sorry to break ure spirits but it aint gonna happen

Old 3rd May 2007, 01:01 PM
Glowbo

Still, bottles can shut his trap and stop calling people morons when he obviously has no technical insight. It's very easy to make a data transfer between two systems happen, all you need is some extra components which could theoretically be included with he game. For example, you could make a peripheral to insert in the N64's controller slot. Remember the Game Boy transfer Pak? They sure didn't plan the N64 to have that. They could easily make an XBOX 360 transfer pak the same way.

Old 3rd May 2007, 01:30 PM
The Hero of the Hour

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
This whole idea would be nice, but interlinking two completely different consoles owned by two different companies is very difficult for legal reasons and secondly I don't think anyone would be bothered making new components for obsolete systems. I can't rule this out 100% because that type of stuff is not my area of expertise, but there is no harm in making a statement.

By the way, let's not resort to calling each other petty names. This is an online forum not an unruly schoolyard. With that being said continue posting.

Last edited by Airman; 3rd May 2007 at 01:35 PM.

Old 3rd May 2007, 01:34 PM
Formerly Avarice

Total Awards: 16
Mystery Three Mystery Two Mystery One INFECTED - B2K1 Bashful 
Basically it's come to this, yes, it is possible to link the two together using a large £900 connector but the fact that the N64 is obselete and that Microsoft and Nintendo aren't one in the same means it'll never happen.
EVER.

Old 3rd May 2007, 03:08 PM
Brash Breegull

You people don't even realize that SNS is not complete in the first place, if it was we could just use are N64 to do it. Why would Microsoft spend millions of dollars to hook their State of the art console to an obsolete console.

Now is it possible to join the two consoles? Not in their current configuration. There would have to be major alterations to one or both consoles. They might just have to make a completely different Device to link the two consoles too. But any of these choices would cost millions to Develop. So I would have to say it is 100% Not going to happen. I didn't even mention the legalities of the whole thing. So keep dreaming at least you can dream about it.

Old 3rd May 2007, 04:14 PM
Clanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Lightning
Link please. I've heard a load of members say that's what gonna happen because they've got that in their head for some reason, but I didn't know Rare have actually said this.

As far as I know, they never said anything about SNS apart from them confirming it was never implemented.
http://www.bthive.co.uk/media/retrogamer_low_8.JPG

Read the bit at the side.

Although, they never said they were actually going to IMPLEMENT Stop N Swop in BK3... are you guys nuts or what?

bthive.co.uk :: Banjo Trilogy Hive
bthive.co.uk/forums/ :: BT Hive Forums