Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 1st May 2019, 04:37 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I wanted to listen to both my PC and N64 audio through the same output, and the headphone jack on my TV wasn't working well with my PC as a line-in source. So my solution was to buy a capture card. It worked. I can record from hardware now too, which I guess is neat. Kills two birds with one stone, and one of those birds wasn't even previously up for slaughter.

Old 1st May 2019, 01:26 PM
Alakazam Alakazam is offline 3 Highscores
Explosion Infernale

Total Awards: 15
You're Appreciated! Thread Starter RWP Note Medal Awesome Default Medal Mystery Three 
i gotta buy a capture card soon too

so many speedruns i need to submit!

forget about the hit or miss, our naivety was bliss

Old 8th May 2019, 06:47 PM
Explosion Infernale

You're Appreciated! Thread Starter RWP Note Medal Awesome Default Medal Mystery Three 
started playing goemon 64 again last night, thinking about how it's my favorite representation of japan in a video game

thought about the other games that would be on that list, which were chulip and pokemon g/s, and realized you start the game inside your character's house in all 3, which i thought was cool

anyways - goemon 64 is one of the best nintendo 64 games. it's like the first, and only, example of a true 3D beat-em-up that i can think of, in both its level design and its mechanics. doing a jump, then a quick rotation with your weapon out mid-air, feels straight from something like streets of rage or final fight, and i think it plays way better than other goemon games (and most 3D games) once you have its nuance down

when i bought it over 2(!) years ago, i mentioned how i played it 4 or 5 straight hours on my first playthrough ever, and i still feel the same level of addiction when i'm playing it now. it's just totally engrossing, and being lost or stuck never feels bad (though there's a lot of ways to un-stuck yourself, so it's kind of an excuse to get lost inside the game)

i also think it's the only game that ever captured the surrealism of super mario 64 correctly (e.g., floating wooden blocks with no purpose but to platform), and i'm always impressed that it did so many things OOT "invented' despite coming out first. maybe it's not as deep in content, but i don't think games should always be, especially when the concept is so simple to begin with

konami's n64 output was so nuts man, i dunno why nobody ever talks about it!!

Old 12th May 2019, 05:13 AM
Jolly Rodger

INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
I'm playing Monster Hunter World on PC. Might be simpler in quite a few aspects but it's still better than the rest of the series.

Old 12th May 2019, 05:35 AM
Von Kriplespac

A Hat in Time has online multiplayer DLC now. The rest of the DLC pack is kind of OK too I guess. It's a bit short and easy and doesn't really add any Snatcher challenges, but it has tons of new cosmetics to unlock. The main meat is definitely the multiplayer.

Old 12th May 2019, 04:49 PM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
Getting closer to 100% in Kingdom Hearts 3. Just gotta do some Gummi constellation hunting, and high score some mini-games mostly.

Old 16th May 2019, 04:02 PM
Von Kriplespac

Mario Maker 2 confirmed GOTY.

Old 17th May 2019, 01:26 PM
Explosion Infernale

finished alpha sapphire, so i'll be flannery on rwp for a little bit - i liked it a lot, though we'll see how much i think about it in the future

played a bunch of wave race 64 the last few days - never knew you could unlock a ride-able dolphin in warm ups until yesterday, ended up spending half an hour learning all the tricks and got it done. otherwise just doing expert cup runs and absorbing myself in virtual sunsets and glacier coasts the AY way

tried my hand at some pokemon tcg1 speedrunning, but i still suck at fast menus, so i'm playing tcg2 casually instead! playing weird decks like Clefable Control and Raindance Minus Raindance against the best opponents in the game

haven't played goemon in a couple days because i'm at the awful whack-a-mole mini-game in oedo town, but i'll push onward soon

started up a visual novel called utawarerumono, though i haven't played it in a couple days either. i learned about this game indirectly from cj sending me aquapazza last year - it has characters from various VNs, and i recognized the utawarerumono remix from its melody being sampled in this, so i decided to give it a whirl and i'm diggin it

may
yae
sunset bay
combo play
anime

Old Today, 02:18 AM
Friend of Justice

Total Awards: 9
You're Appreciated! Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
I picked up that Crash Bandicoot Remake game. I've almost finished the first game, but it took me a good day and a half to get through The High Road. Finally did that today though.

User Tag List