Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 8th February 2016, 10:16 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Trabajo View Post
I am three minutes into "Life Is Strange". It seems to be "Donnie Darko" as if written by someone who does not command English as a first language and has never read a book in any tongue. Video games are the stove that keeps burning my hand and I am the idiot who keeps touching.
all i know about that game is that there's a part where the main character talks about how much they like final fantasy: the spirits within, and another part where the main character's girlfriend says "whoa, you're saying hella? i must be a good bad influence on you"

probably better than the walking dead season 2

Old 9th February 2016, 07:15 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

i... am going to beat a video game tomorrow!!!

Old 9th February 2016, 03:59 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Trabajo View Post
I am three minutes into "Life Is Strange". It seems to be "Donnie Darko" as if written by someone who does not command English as a first language and has never read a book in any tongue. Video games are the stove that keeps burning my hand and I am the idiot who keeps touching.
I don't think it's fair to judge video games by the select few of them that think they're a Fox TV drama.

Old 9th February 2016, 04:54 PM
North American Scum

Total Awards: 19
You're Appreciated! Swine Flu Bashful Game On Reminiscence 
(Life is Strange is pretty good)

Old 9th February 2016, 05:51 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

it's done... i finally did it... i am finally finished, i am through with the tits!!!

Old 10th February 2016, 06:02 AM
Story of the Year '10 - '11

INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
Finished the main campaign in Witcher 3. Great shit. Gonna start the Hearts of Stone DLC soon.

Also been playing Unravel, which is beautiful.

Old 10th February 2016, 07:22 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

despite my less than positive first impressions of life is strange based on what i've seen, i'm going to assume it's probably better than silent hill: shattered memories

Old 10th February 2016, 03:57 PM
Quote of the Year '10 - '11

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinjonator View Post
Finished the main campaign in Witcher 3. Great shit. Gonna start the Hearts of Stone DLC soon.

Also been playing Unravel, which is beautiful.
Hearts of Stone is great. ****ing love the story.

Old 10th February 2016, 05:28 PM
North American Scum

Total Awards: 19
You're Appreciated! Swine Flu Bashful Game On Reminiscence 
I truly do like Life of Strange. I agree that some of the dialogue is "cringy," but honestly there are plenty of people that talk like that. Either way, I certainly felt like I got my entertainment out of it and I know others like Derek agree.

On a somewhat similar note... Firewatch. It's fantastic. I've almost finished the game (it's a pretty short four - five hour story) but I absolutely love the dialogue between the two main characters. Might be the only game to make me cry for reals too.

Old 10th February 2016, 11:39 PM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
Xcom is really addictive. Well, it was, but I think I'm actually burning out on it already. Commanding your dudes to shoot the aliens while utilizing their special skills is fun and all, but you do it a lot. The cycle is fight aliens so you can build more shit so you can fight aliens. It becomes kind of samey after realizing you've seen every tile set.

Digimon World Redigitize is also fun, but somehow more stressful to me than Xcom. If you have played Digimon World on the PSX, this is that game, but with art by the devil survivor guy. What's stressful is making sure your Digimon has the stats it needs to evolve into whatever you want it to evolve into, having enough food to feed your Digimon, getting your Digimon to bed on time, and rushing to the bathroom in time so your Digimon doesn't just shit on the floor. It doesn't help that Digimon have a max life span of, like 15 days.

Old 11th February 2016, 12:38 AM
DarkJinjo Dyrenzo

Total Awards: 13
You're Appreciated! Thread Starter SteamLink Verified Awesome Default Medal RWP Podcast 
I think Life Is Strange is a great visual novel experience and I can honestly say I was interested the whole way through. Of course it was a little cringe but what else would you expect going into something like that? You just gotta take it at face value, like you are watching a tv show for the first time or something.

I have been playing Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth for about 40 hours now and I am really taking a liking to it. I love the premise of only needing to see a Digimon a certain amount of times before being able to convert them for my own use, unlike in Pokemon where catching them with a Pokeball can be tiresome. The story is a little cheesy but definitely a good one under Digimon's standards, I like the characters and the voice acting a lot. It can feel a little slow paced at times but over all I am impressed so far. I have a hell of a squad including badasses like DoruGreyman, Infermon, Gargomon, and Taomon! (and a lvl 43 Agumon that wears a shirt and glasses)

I also just beat Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4's story mode in one sitting, really hit me in the nostalgia. Now I presumably have all the characters which is cool. May still be a few I need to get somehow.

Last edited by Derek; 11th February 2016 at 09:19 AM.

Old 11th February 2016, 05:04 AM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
Finished Halo 5's story mode. I actually kinda liked it, although the multiplayer Warzone is still utter trash that they apparently will not change. I've yet to get a team where 3-4 people don't just afk all round, or fail to even locate a base to capture and run the wrong way out of spawn for 10 minutes straight.

Old 11th February 2016, 05:53 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

i'm excited to finally finish my playthrough of tales of the abyss now that i have finished trails in the sky, last time i played the game i was twenty hours in so now i've only got thirty hours to go before the end!

Old 11th February 2016, 09:37 PM
Von Kriplespac

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I took a look at Firewatch, and I think I've just now figured something out which has been bothering me for a good while now. Every time I play one of these kinds of games I have this odd sensation of deja vu, like there is something noticeably familiar about it and I can't quite tell from where. But now I finally understand. I'm playing the cutscene sections from Half-Life 2. All of these games are walking around while somebody talks to you, or being locked in a room while somebody talks to you. This is that "immersive" cutscene alternative that Half-Life 2 pioneered and it has not evolved at all.

Walking simulators are Half-Life 2 (or Portal) without the shooting parts.

Firewatch was okay, by the way.

Old 11th February 2016, 10:04 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

i'll never understand people who hate the cast in tales of the abyss, i remembered liking them for the first twenty hours and i'm still liking them now that i've picked the game back up a few months later. they play off each other really well and are all generally pretty cool and likable after they warm up to each other

User Tag List