Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 2nd June 2005, 02:27 AM
Clanker

My Complete SnS Speculation of Facts and Theories

Ok. These are my speculation of facts and theories and recently added figures. If an area is bold and underlined it means the begining of a topic. If an area is italicised then it is a point of interest. If it is bold it has been recently added.
Here we go.

Facts
The only eggs with special areas are the ones in the pictures.

The only eggs with special rooms are the pink the blue and the one in the cellar.

The Ice Key also has a special room.

The other eggs just appear on an object you can always see. (Ex:The other one in MMM just appears on Loggo)

Clanker's Cavern, Mumbos Mountain, and Bubble Gloop Swamp are the only levels with no SnS items.

There are 2 eggs in MMM.

Mumbo says (not exact quote) "You get items in Banjo Tooie."

You can always see the ice key if you look in the secret tunnel in wozza's cave.

Blackeye is in MMM and in JRL with pic's of the TTC egg.

Kazoooie says (not exact quote) "How do you get the eggs?" when she has only seen one egg and the ice key, while she is watching the gobi's valley egg video.

A board in GBTG reads that you need 4 eggs to unlock a secret level.

For me every other egg spins the same way. Mine goes like this.
-> <- -> <- -> <-

And something else i found out at the SnS menu is that the ice key spins faster every other time. So like if you press start and go to it it spins slow. Then you do it again and it will be fast. You do it again and it'll go slow and so on.

My Theories
T.1
If you kill snacker enough times he will no longer be at TTC and therefore Sharkfood Island will become huge and you can get the egg.

T.2
In Yoshi Story the colors of the Yoshis match exactly the colors of the SnS eggs, except there are secret black and white yoshis. Therefore there must be a secret black and white egg. Considering that in Banjo Pilot Cheato says (not exact quote) "Stop playing games and read a book" and since Yoshi Story is a book is this what Rare hinted?

T.3
Blackeye's pic is right above a life trophy in MMM. Is that his secret treasure or is it the treasure chest up in what is supposedly his room or is it something completely different?

T.4a
Maybe the colors of the eggs follow the color spectrum.
ROY G BV
And maybe you must grab the eggs in this color order;
Red, Pink, Yellow, Green, Cyan, Blue
But where does pink go front, or back?

T.4b
Following the above theorie, since the GBTG board says 4 eggs are need maybe you need Red, Yellow, Green, and Blue since those are true colors and are in the spectrum.

T.5
Following the GBTG board, maybe the 2 MMM eggs are false, considering on F.2 that the outside ones are false

T.6
If the GBTG 4eggs thing is true then maybe The wine cellar egg and the egg in RBB are fake.
Since all the other ones are associated with characters. Gobi's special door thing, Sharkfood island, Wozza ice thingy, Nabnut's house, Loggo's head.

Figures
F.1
STOP 'N' SWOP
POWS 'N' POTS

Prisoners Of War And Pots?

F.2
....O
O.....O
....O
....O
....O = ?
....|

F.3
http://www.rarewitchproject.com/imag...g/gbtg180a.jpg

THE END

for now

Last edited by EvilPsycho; 14th November 2005 at 05:01 AM.

Old 2nd June 2005, 02:41 AM
Most Missed Member '10 - '11

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal 
In Yoshi Story the colors of the Yoshis match exactly the colors of the SnS eggs, except there are secret black and white yoshis. Therefore there must be a secret black and white egg.

I like your logic.

Old 2nd June 2005, 02:49 AM
Glowbo

Thats a very good thoery but where woudl these secret black and white eggs be unless there are 2 beta levels that havent been found yet

Old 2nd June 2005, 03:01 AM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
Or two levels that weren't found to have eggs actually do.
The following was heard from one Gold Jinjo on March the fourth at...well 3:17 EST.
Gold: Suck it, Trebek.
That is all.

Old 2nd June 2005, 04:15 AM
Formerly Banjo's Banjo

Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakey Wake
In Yoshi Story the colors of the Yoshis match exactly the colors of the SnS eggs, except there are secret black and white yoshis. Therefore there must be a secret black and white egg.

I like your logic.
Warning! Sarcasm induced by late night posting ahead!

There is no secret black or white egg in BK. They're in Yoshi's Story. You have to swap the eggs from YS to BK, then send them to DK64, where you'll eventually have to switch over to Glover and later Star Wars Episode I Pod Racing. From there you platform jump over to the Sega 32x, where you place the eggs in Knuckles Chaotix and find a gigantic error screen, because that system was crap. After that you have to unplug the system (Don't worry, the electrical outlet will store the data for you) and hook up an X-Box with Halo 2 inside. Play a few games of Midship with swords only and then unplug the system as this step did nothing. Set up the N64 again, turn on Banjo Tooie, and thus you'll have completed Stop and Swap. Your reward for doing this will be the ending to the old show "Pirates of Dark Water" along with another egg you'll have no idea what to do with.

Old 2nd June 2005, 05:00 AM
ᴅʀᴀɴᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴜɴᴄʜ

Total Awards: 5
Imagination Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo's Banjo
There is no secret black or white egg in BK. They're in Yoshi's Story. You have to swap the eggs from YS to BK, then send them to DK64, where you'll eventually have to switch over to Glover and later Star Wars Episode I Pod Racing. From there you platform jump over to the Sega 32x, where you place the eggs in Knuckles Chaotix and find a gigantic error screen, because that system was crap. After that you have to unplug the system (Don't worry, the electrical outlet will store the data for you) and hook up an X-Box with Halo 2 inside. Play a few games of Midship with swords only and then unplug the system as this step did nothing. Set up the N64 again, turn on Banjo Tooie, and thus you'll have completed Stop and Swap. Your reward for doing this will be the ending to the old show "Pirates of Dark Water" along with another egg you'll have no idea what to do with.
Wow, Rare really must have known their stuff if they could have programmed SnS using the Xbox and Halo 2 as part of their process. I knew Loveday was some sort of psychic -- how else would Rare have known the Xbox's specs, and Halo 2's existence? It's all so bloody complex and amazing, no wonder we couldn't figure it out.

As for you, I bet you've known all along, Mr. Banjo's Banjo. Yeah... you can't fool me anymore -- we used to share that cold, damp cot when we were first modded, so don't think you can slip anything past me! I know what you did last summer...

Old 2nd June 2005, 05:22 PM
Formerly Banjo's Banjo

Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Jinjo
Wow, Rare really must have known their stuff if they could have programmed SnS using the Xbox and Halo 2 as part of their process. I knew Loveday was some sort of psychic -- how else would Rare have known the Xbox's specs, and Halo 2's existence? It's all so bloody complex and amazing, no wonder we couldn't figure it out.

As for you, I bet you've known all along, Mr. Banjo's Banjo. Yeah... you can't fool me anymore -- we used to share that cold, damp cot when we were first modded, so don't think you can slip anything past me! I know what you did last summer...
No, I'm just from the future. For you see, I'm the one that gave Rare the idea of SnS in the first place. I also went back in time for one other reason: to invent sliced bread.

Old 2nd June 2005, 05:53 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
Aha! Anther mystery solved then! Thanks BB.
The following was heard from one Gold Jinjo on March the fourth at...well 3:17 EST.
Gold: Suck it, Trebek.
That is all.

Old 2nd June 2005, 06:41 PM
Dingpot

Am I wrong or was there a fake theory about there being a black and white egg, also?

ps: Wouldn't Ice Mario and SubDrag have found those eggs if they DID exist?

Old 2nd June 2005, 07:20 PM
Most Missed Member '10 - '11

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal 
No the black and white eggs do exist, you have to carve out the black and white buttons from any Xbox controller, tape them to the Banjo Kazooie game cartridge and voila, the eggs should appear in the S'n'S screen complete with Microsoft logo.

Old 2nd June 2005, 07:38 PM
Dingpot

Well, of course the eggs don't exist

I did, however, manage to find a screenshot with a black egg in it, although it's obviously a very crude attempt to trick people into thinking they had solved SnS.

http://www.rarewitchproject.com/foru...ntid=179&stc=1
SnS Theories5.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SnS Theories5.jpg (44.6 KB, 595 views)

Old 6th June 2005, 05:30 AM
Clanker

NICE. Now just put a white egg and i'll trick all those fools at rare-extreme (me included). I'll even make an article for the heck of it unless someone else is willing to do it.

Old 7th June 2005, 07:01 PM
Bunnycomb

That red cross inbetween the BT game and "B" looks SSSSOOOOO convincing!

Old 7th June 2005, 08:05 PM
Bunnycomb

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
Don't ruin the fun.

Old 10th June 2005, 02:55 PM
Clanker

I just found a game on the Rareware site called

SNAKE RATTLE ā€˜Nā€™ ROLL (NES) - NINTENDO

The N is there. Maybe it BT it has something to do with that snake guy?

Different ?

Did banjothreeie.com always link to rareware.com?